First Post

T_Herdina

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So this is my first post, I've recently been getting into photography and just wanted to see what you guys had to say about a couple of shots. I'm working with a kodak z915 (point and shoot) which has a few manual options. Anyway C&C much appreciated.

Snail_web.jpg

Butterflyweb.jpg

Both good macro shots - well composed, good separation of subject from background.

The butterfly photo's nice, but the butterfly itself seems a little soft - try sharpening it in your software.

This thread goes to show what can be done with just a point and shoot - that you don't HAVE to have a high-end full-frame camera to capture nice images.

This person used their eye and mind, then used a P&S to transfer that to an image that others can enjoy.

Doubt that many here could tell by looking that a P&S was used unless we were told so.

Use whatever camera you have to begin with, then get whatever camera equipment you want, later.

Well done!

I agree with the above poster. Great job!

Thanks guys

@ iolair, some of the softness maybe be because I compressed these to Jpg quality 2 and the rest is obviously my inability to control focus. I also wasn't using a tripod, I really want to get one. I'll search around on good methods to sharpen in photoshop and see if that brings back some detail.

I agree! People should start out with very limiting cameras. Very good for developing skill. The mistake people make is starting out with dSLRs w/ zooms. Not a good teacher. Nice work.

If you hadn't mentioned this was taken with a P&S, I wouldn't have been able to tell. These are fantastic both technically and composition-wise. :thumbup:

So here is the sharpened result, much improved, great advice. I also blurred the background more, do you think this helps the photo? Perhaps less distracting.

After

ButterflySharp.jpg

Before

Butterflyweb.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back