First Post

T_J

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

New to TPF and relatively new to photography. Looking forward to your comments and suggestions.

Shawdowsurfing.jpg

hi tj

hope you enjoy your time here:)

The surfer looks like he's been cropped out. I can see all the other detail in the picture except him. Was that intentional?

The surfer looks like he's been cropped out. I can see all the other detail in the picture except him. Was that intentional?

I see him...

It's interesting but something is off... I'm not sure if it is the composition or exposure. Play around with it, I'm interested to see what you can do with it.

To clarify: I can't see any detail in the surfer. Maybe it's my monitor, but he looks completely black, almost like he was intentionally darkened more than the rest of the photograph.

yeah, it looks like a paper cut-out, stuck on, it doesn't seem to fit with the exposure of the water...

The light in the original was kinda crapy and the features of the surfer did not really stand out, so I increased the contrast and this is what I was left with. I have mixed feelings about the shot and wanted to see what others though.

What do you think of this one:

Gouge.jpg

To clarify: I can't see any detail in the surfer. Maybe it's my monitor, but he looks completely black, almost like he was intentionally darkened more than the rest of the photograph.

You're right. That looks strange.

I like the second one, btw.

Most reactions

Back