First posting here...

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by Julesradford, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Julesradford

Julesradford TPF Noob!

Feel free to be as gentle or brutal as you like...
    Taken handheld with no flash to see how steady I could hold it! Using Minolta 7hi at f3.5 and can't rem speed but it was sloooooow! (1/20 I think)
    No props as daughter was just sat in living room and oblivious to me (as normal!)
    Jules
    [​IMG]

2. Meysha

Meysha still being picky Vicky

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Nice pikky. Although have you tried blacking out the background a bit? it's a bit distracting the stuff in the background on the left.
    And good work on holding the camera still! It's tough... my sister is a stabber with the shutter - she can't ever take a shot without it being completely blurry.

3. tempra

tempra TPF Noob!

Thats a really nice shot - I love candid shots, mind you my kids are sick of em now, so they notice and start pulling faces - need to find some more victims....

4. Julesradford

Julesradford TPF Noob!

hey thanks for that..how do I go about darkening out the background? I'm a poor old think and don't have any clever adobe or photoshop..just 'picture it' and an old but handy Micrografx!!

Jules

5. dalebe

dalebe TPF Noob!

i love those natural shots, but you have two factors for blurring, yourself and the subject,set on a slow shutter speed?,that's motionless, quite sharp,good pic.