First Print in Darkroom. Comments are welcome

PhotoCalifornia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I am not too thrilled with this picture, but it is my first print in the darkroom and I am super pleased with the results. This was taken with a yashica mat 124 in soulard/st. louis missouri on a small pizza place named Epic. If you are there I highly suggest trying it. But I digress, thoughts on the first print.

Film.jpg

Hmm, not bad. From what I can see from a scan of the print ... good tones, blacks are black, whites are white, and no mud ... how much better does the print look compared to the scanned image ?

Hmm, not bad. From what I can see from a scan of the print ... good tones, blacks are black, whites are white, and no mud ... how much better does the print look compared to the scanned image ?

a little less fuzzy in the midground. I diddnt use a photoscanner, but an old document one

I think you have every reason to be pleased with this one. As Dennis said, this print shows good tonal range, nice contrast. It's very clean-looking. Good job!

You NEVER forget your first print! Good job!

Welcome in "wet printing" club. Now you know the trill.
Tonality looks good. I am sure there were possible 11 more prints from that roll. All look similar ?
One thing you gonna have to work on is a good focusing of this mat 124. :lol:

Give us specs: paper used, developer used, grade of filter used. Dodging and burning if you tried that.

Epic pizza and subs..........very cool. Have had many meals there.....!:thumbup:

Anyway......nice first print! Even with the low grade scanner you have a vice nice tonal range.

Funny, I looked at the picture and the first thing that came to my mind was, 'Good tonal range!' It seems I am not the only one to have thought that ;)

Congrats on the first print! I have yet to do mine. Well, I've done development of paper exposed in a pinhole camera, but I haven't done prints from a film negative yet. Hoping to do that this year at some point, though.

Very nicely done. There's nothing quite like a B&W print done in photo chemistry, just has a quality unlike anything else. You seem to be on the right track.

Epic pizza and subs..........very cool. Have had many meals there.....!:thumbup:

Anyway......nice first print! Even with the low grade scanner you have a vice nice tonal range.

Have you really? do you live near soulard? have you been to the market recently?

I dated a gal who liked that place and we eat there often. I used to live near Grand and Gravois and I'd go to the market all the time. Since I've moved up north I've not been able to go as much as I liked too. But, when my friend and I restore the building he bought and we get our darkroom rental and gallery open, I'll live upstairs. The building is in south St. Louis at I-44 and Jefferson.

Are you going to register your darkroom on Ilford's site? If I was closer I'd be down!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back