First 'Proper' Ultrasound!

Don't sweat it too much. Just make sure you get a good mid-wife.
Both of mine came out face up but one was a GP birth and the other we had at home.
But Cesarian's aren't too bad, apparently. My sister had her child by CS and I used to know a woman had all three of her kids by CS. Both of them said they wouldn't have kids any other way.
I know the proper way is best but if you prepare for the worst then anything else gets the gold star.
There is a good book on active birth that gives exercises to help your current problems. Just wish I could remember it...
Ooh. It was written by this woman and she has a website :)
http://www.activebirthcentre.com/

Don't sweat it too much. Just make sure you get a good mid-wife.
Both of mine came out face up but one was a GP birth and the other we had at home.
But Cesarian's aren't too bad, apparently. My sister had her child by CS and I used to know a woman had all three of her kids by CS. Both of them said they wouldn't have kids any other way.
I know the proper way is best but if you prepare for the worst then anything else gets the gold star.
There is a good book on active birth that gives exercises to help your current problems. Just wish I could remember it...
Ooh. It was written by this woman and she has a website :)
http://www.activebirthcentre.com/

Thanks darl! I'm going to have a read of that site when I get up tomorrow (Good Friday tomorrow and noooo work yehaw!). Battling to stay awake right now. Definitely interested in anything that could help!

I worried about it at first but now all I hope for is a healthy, happy bub, no matter how he/she is delivered. Hopefully I can avoid a caesar but if it's needed then so be it! Anyway, my sister informed me, matter of factly, that she has the exact same retroverted, heart shaped uterus and both her boys were a few days over the due date and were born naturally (I don't like saying 'naturally' because it implies a caesar isn't natural but I didn't think the other word for it would make it past censor lol).

My belly is quite sizeable now, everyone is commenting today and yesterday that it seems to have 'popped' out overnight, almost double what it was before. I'm inclined to agree! Will get some baby-bump pics loaded on here tomorrow :mrgreen:

Feeling a lot of movement too now and it's helping the bonding. Weird to say that, I know...but I have to keep visualizing that there is actually a tiny human inside my belly...it's easy to be 'unconciously' pregnant...to just go about the days as normal with the only difference being a growing belly and the notion of a baby at the end of the 40 weeks...as opposed to the reality of a growing, moving, beautiful life residing underneath my navel right now....

It's good to hear things are going well for you so far. I agree with Hertz don't sweat it :hug::

I can't believe I didn't come back to this until now! But to answer your question way far back I have three kiddos :) My eldest, a boy, is five and I have two girls one who will be three in two months and one who just celebrated her first birthday :)

That's definitely the right attitude! :D No matter how you get the little cherub in your arms, it's more important to see him/her healthy, happy, and ready to squawk for some food! :lol:

I'm looking forward to those maternity shots! I'm sure you wear the maternity glow beautifully. :love:

You're exactly right, it doesn't matter how your babe arrives, once s/he is here it won't matter in the least. I went into each of my three births hoping for certain things and each time there were a few glitches but in the end I had wonderful, healthy babies that were more amazing than I could have ever imagined.

I can't wait to see those belly pictures, I bet you're looking fantastic! How fun on the movement too, that definitely makes it more real!

Hey guys :sexywink:

Had our 20 week ultrasound a few weeks ago, here's a couple of mini-movie clips that I posted on my blog

http://soulsjuice.blogspot.com/2007/04/hiya-cutie.html

I was watching this first one over and over the night after the ultrasound (as I'm sure a lot of new mothers-to-be would ;) ) and realized the Cornpop sticks his/her right hand up and twists his/her head away as if to say "Talk to the hand!" Lol...

Yesterday, I felt like I swallowed a watermelon whole. Today, felt like there was an erupting volcano growing on top of that watermelon...ooooo bring on the FUN...and the TUMS! :lol:

Edit: Alison, there's a couple of belly shots on the blog but they're from like week 17 - 18. Will actually get off my butt and take some more belly shots soon. I wanna see YOURS missy!

".....the Cornpop...." :biglaugh:

I'm glad everything is progressing so well! :hug:: Well, aside from the watermelon thing...... ;)

".....the Cornpop...." :biglaugh:

I'm glad everything is progressing so well! :hug:: Well, aside from the watermelon thing...... ;)

Yes, and the volcano thing :) You're halfway there!

I'm so glad things are going well for you and little "Cornpop". I checked out the video and your pics, you look fantastic! I look just like you except about 10 times bigger and more flabby :p Heartburn is such a curse, I bought the bulk size TUMS when I was pregnant with Evelyn!

Most reactions

Back