First Real Attempt with new cam c&c

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guy, now learning my new cam and took this pic and liked it. It was realy hard to get the entire watch face in focus but i tried.

D60, 18-55mm VR lens, F-stop f/4.5, Max Aperture 4.3, Iso 100, PP/BW
3667993986_6956ca0f66_b.jpg

Let me know what you'll think. Thanks

You should get rid of the shadow just beneath you're watch, did you use a lens cap maybe?
Rest of the pic look quite nice imo, to bad you couldn't get the whole watch in focus, on the other side, the main thing is the round thing (dunno what it's called) and that is in focus.

Last edited:
It is a good shot,
I like the composition and style of it. If you whant to get the whole watch face in foucus shoot it at at least F8, more likely F16.

To get more foreground and background focus ... use a smaller aperture (higher number) to get greater Depth of Field.

You should get rid of the shadow just beneath you're watch, did you use a lens cap maybe?
Rest of the pic look quite nice imo, to bad you couldn't get the whole watch in focus, on the other side, the main thing is the round thing (dunno what it's called) and that is in focus.

Lens Hood

The shadow is from the camera lens. i was tryin to avoid it but i was using my ceiling light and it seemed anywhere i go i casted a shadow. i'll see if i could edit it out. Thanks for the comment.

Thanks dxqcanada & SpeedTrap for the tips.

I really like it.

So I'm looking at buying a D40 or D60. How do you like yours??

Most reactions

New Topics

Back