First Real Estate Job

A/Ox4

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
I was recently hired by a real estate agent, which is a market I've been trying to break into for a little while. The client was very happy, and I think they turned out pretty good too, but I know there's always room for improvement. Let me now what you think I could do to make things better. I didn't have the option to furnish the house myself, but was pleased to find some furniture still there. The one thing I really facepalmed over in post production was the couch pillow.

I shot with a Nikon D750, Nikon 16-35, and an off camera flash mostly just ceiling bounced.

1b7ef0880f3195877bbc9a46605c9b42.jpg

9dc359f1e7e740107968303eedb8ca44.jpg

6572da01f3e1822b3300ff5330e85df7.jpg

447c440b60463932b47bb2620bc2d556.jpg

1c15566a27d15ffc7d637ab91f5adc23.jpg

8b8b5e33d1b53bff8fdd5930b4d30538.jpg

efc48cff2f6b2902a59499b4827f1dd9.jpg

I would try shooting without the overhead lights and table lamps turned on. The color they emit is not favorable to a good photo IMO. Let the flash do the lighting, one source of light should enhance the photos on the interior photos.

I would try shooting without the overhead lights and table lamps turned on. The color they emit is not favorable to a good photo IMO. Let the flash do the lighting, one source of light should enhance the photos on the interior photos.
I'm going to respectfully disagree; I think having the interior lights (or at least some) can add significantly to the sense of warmth and comfort imparted by the images, BUT... it's important to gel your speedlights to match ambient! Overall I'd say this is a good, solid set, and far superior to most images seen on the real estate market these days!

lot of people are into the virtual video tours now have you tried your hand at that? Could be a value added service.

The one thing I really facepalmed over in post production was the couch pillow.
I agree. Having that couch pillow move between shots is very disconcerting. "It's ALIVE!"

Very nice otherwise.

lot of people are into the virtual video tours now have you tried your hand at that? Could be a value added service.
I don't even know what that is. I've never seen one. I could try it, but I don't do it to sell, I do it because I enjoy phototrophic nice homes.

The photos are nice in my opinion. I prefer the lighting in that it looks natural to me.
A couple may have benefited from a little higher angle (holding the camera itself up higher)
I'm still trying to figure out how anyone could sit at that dining room table and eat??

Tiny house. What part of the country is this in?

I don't even know what that is. I've never seen one. I could try it, but I don't do it to sell, I do it because I enjoy phototrophic nice homes.
- Evergreene Homes

How you get started. This is not a recommendation, there are lots of companies that make 360 software.
3DVista - Professional and Free Virtual Tour Software. Real Estate and Tourism Marketing.

I agree, nice job. I like the fotos, however the zombie pillow is a bit disconcerting.

the photos are as good or better than most of the shots I see in local housing magazines, so I would call these a win.

I'd say you did a pretty good job. The shot with the fan, the shadow you created is distracting and the fan's light wasn't balanced as well as the rest of the shots.

Its a cute starter house. Nice pics.

Most reactions

Back