First "Real" Portrait Session (no 56K)

d70girl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Comments and Criticism welcome on these!!!

k26dp5.png

k1ro7.png

k2dy7.png

k3av2.png

k4jb6.png

k5ry3.png

k6sl4.png

k7st0.png

k8gz6.png

k9eo1.png

k10oe6.png

k11gh2.png

k12kt9.png

k13li6.png

k14zm9.png

k15av9.png

k19cf7.png

k21yh8.png

k20dq0.png

k17mb9.png

k22qg9.png

k24pk3.png

k25ks4.png

These all look great to me - good job! The only thing I'd say about 'em is that in #5 she looks a little scared....or maybe it's just the way she was smiling? :)

I think you have some nice shots here. #14 and 15 are my favorite, but I generally prefer b/w anyway. I didn't notice the selective coloring at first in 15 and I would probably make it all b/w as selective coloring draws your attention to the color. The rest are good as well, but I think if you had used a reflector or fill flash for the outdoor shots, it would've eliminated the shadows on the face and made it even better. Cute little girl.

Very nice series! I agree about the fill/reflector in some of these to help with the shadows. She's a beautiful little girl, I bet Mom was thrilled with these :D

Nice series. #14 really stands out for me.

One note about the ones with the window...great use of natural light but they look underexposed. As mentioned, a reflector would help. Also, if you can use the light without getting the window too much in the frame...it might help. Otherwise you could use positive exposure compensation and let the window blow right out...and have the subjects exposed better.

I think you brought out her bright blue eyes as best as you could!
Lovely little model!

I love how she is straining to see something in #4, it's really cute! I also really like the interaction between mom and her daughter in #20. One thing that bothers me is that all of the shots where you are above her are tilted. #5 in particular I think would have made a really great shot just straight above with no tilt. (but take the tilt comments with a grain of salt because I'm just not normally a big fan of the tilt! lol) #22 is a little too centered for my taste. I think the shots of the reading in front of the window would have looked nicer if the window was more to the side instead of this bright thing in the background taking attention away from your subjects.
Good job overall though!

I really like all of these, I think a little curves adjustment would bring these out even better :)
Great job!

I would recommend apply a Gaussian blur to the close-up shots and erasing around the eyes especially. You've done a great job making the eyes stand out, but I've always found that to add a little something. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back