first real portrait wedding stuff

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by C_lawgik, Dec 12, 2005.

1. C_lawgik

C_lawgik TPF Noob!

Here is my first time doing shots for a wedding annoucement. I havent done anythign to the shots except convert them to jpg so tell me what you think and if you have any post processing tips. thanx

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

good? bad? please let me know

2. Verbal

Verbal $100

Nice ones!

3. duck4321

duck4321 TPF Noob!

i would say that some you got dead on. however a few in there i thought you had too much head room above them, nothing a little bit of croping can't fix. for some the headroom works i think, like in 5, but in 1 and 2 i just don't see the reason to leave that much room, there is really nothing important to draw your eye there. over all though good job.

4. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    My first thoughts come about the last photo I see here.
    I think that one would require a crop, something that can easily be done after the photo has once been taken, but what I think even more for that one is: while otherwise I think clothes don't matter too much if people go for an informal look, in this one I think both their jeans are too informal. The lady's jeans' bottom is dirty and his jeans don't seem to fit him best, with the wallet looking out of the pocket.

That, however, is something that may not as easily be remedied in an already taken-like-this photo.

My personal crop lines in that last photo would be just above the third line from the bottom on his shirt, and then moving in from both sides to get back to the custom size of a photo, mostly so from the right so his cropped right arm would disappear completely. So focus is most on their hands holding, the blurred background indicating the future they want to walk into together.

Now, about the others.... (if they were numbered, it'd now be easier...)...
    The first, so I think, also needs a crop. Too much room above their heads. My opinion. The real portrait photographers (which you might be looking for, actually, which is why this might want to be moved to the portrait forum) will know more about the use of arms in a portrait shoot. Seems like there are certain guidelines that want to be watched, but I don't know them, being a total amateur myself.

The second is funny, though the man might in the end find his smile too dentagard-y... too :biggrin:, if you see what I mean? But it is quite natural in general appearance. One for the album, but is it one for the official wedding announcement?

The more I think about it, the more I come to the conclusion that for an official announcement only Photo (must go count through them.... hang on) 7 qualifies best in my (admittedly humble) opinion.

I personally also like their kissing-pic in front of the christmassy lit hedge quite much, but the hedge needs to be straightened, and then part of the top needs to be cropped. I think...

Shall I move this to Portrait and Wedding for some of the experts to come and see your photos?

5. C_lawgik

C_lawgik TPF Noob!

yes please move it

6. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Done :D

7. Xmetal

Xmetal TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Isn't love grand? :mrgreen:

Love them all. :)

8. puzzle

puzzle TPF Noob!

I really like the last one, and don't think the informality of it is a problem. What does niggle me just a little is the fact that he isn't 'holding' her hand - his fingers are open. But it works really well for all that :)

9. JohnMF

JohnMF TPF Noob!

7 and 8 i think are the best. They have nice close crops

10. Megip

Megip TPF Noob!

The third and the last one are the best - although I would try not looking at the camera so much for a more artistic image (in thrid one).