First real shoot of the little one with the new AB's

snownow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
sierraphotography.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My first shoot with both AB's... Funny the wife calls the new baby little bee as well. So bee's all around it seems. The first ones with my older one seemed a bit hot. Shot with b1600 with large octobox powered way down, fill light with b800 and a soft box also powered way down. Seems for a small home studio way too much Juice. The backdrop in the first few lit with a small flash, (untill my wife kicked it while holding the baby and it stopped working.). Any tips, comments, suggestions, would be well taken (good or bad)
biggrin.gif

ab1.jpg

ab2.jpg

ab3.jpg

ab4.jpg

The lighting looks good, your key/fill ratio is great.

I'm no expert, so take my advice as such...maybe you could move the fill light a bit lower.

Also, a great tip I learned is to eliminate multiple catch lights and/or add then where needed. In most of these, we can see two catch lights...except her right eye in the last one, it has none. I just zoom in close and use the clone stamp (photoshop) to get rid of the catch lights I don't want. Just make sure to keep the same one in both eyes.

I really think that first one is cute, but the nose of the carebear (awww...i used to love them) is out of focus and it is drawing my eye towards it for some reason.

Most reactions

Back