First real try - shutter speed waterfall

snowman0384

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
this was one of my first tries with shutter speed. waterfalls in western germany. i like it, but assume there is room for improvement.

dscf0728of7.jpg

Very nice.

What was the exposure time?

I'm curious how this would look in B&W.

(as an aside - there is always room for improvment in everything, no matter how good you are. Why settle for good enough when you can be great?)

Nice one, how could you hold the camera so still?
How long was your shutter speed?
Where in Germany was this.
The colours are a bit on the cool side ... if this were mine, I think I might feel tempted to warm them a little (add some yellow and red instead of the bluish tint I see here).

i was trying to find the shutter speed, but it doesn't show up in the information. i think it was 1/2 sec. i didn't have it on a tripod, kinda propped up on a fence/handrail thing. this was in Triberg, Germany.

i was just fooling around with the hue and saturation in photoshop, makes it a little more interesting.

LaFoto said:
The colours are a bit on the cool side ... if this were mine, I think I might feel tempted to warm them a little (add some yellow and red instead of the bluish tint I see here).

eh...I like the coolness of the shot. It works well with the subject matter.
I think if you went with warmer tones, it would conflict with the water...I've never been in a warm waterfall unless you count my shower.

Most reactions

Back