First role of B&W film

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I finally finished and got my first role of b&w film shot and processed. Here are a couple of my favorite images. These are from the scanned negative disk with no other processing.

1) I found this guy interesting. He was pedaling around the lake by himself.

Street set with film - 1 by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

2) This is the damn and spillway for one of the nearby lakes. I find it to be a neat old structure to photograph.

Street set with film - 2 by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

3) Downtown OKC from one of the bridges that are in Bricktown.

Street set with film - 6 by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

Nice. I love B&W film and photos. The second one is my favorite. Subject and composition are both interesting.

Phil

Nice job Ron. #2 for me also for the same reason above. Good subject, exposure, sharp and contrasty. All the makings of a nice B&W

I use Ilford HP5 400 ISO.
OK. That would explain the grain. Nevertheless nice work. Once you graduate to FP4 or Tmax 100 you will see the difference type of film makes for the type of shot you will make. In meantime if you plan on shooting more landscapes with b&w film, get a set of filters like Wratten 8 or 9, 21 and 25. They help in many ways to improve the pictures.

Nice job Ron. #2 for me also for the same reason above. Good subject, exposure, sharp and contrasty. All the makings of a nice B&W

Thanks Rick. I have a couple of signs on this set but didn't post them.

I use Ilford HP5 400 ISO.
OK. That would explain the grain. Nevertheless nice work. Once you graduate to FP4 or Tmax 100 you will see the difference type of film makes for the type of shot you will make. In meantime if you plan on shooting more landscapes with b&w film, get a set of filters like Wratten 8 or 9, 21 and 25. They help in many ways to improve the pictures.

Thanks timor. I'll have to check into the filters. Right now, it is just a tag along camera with my dslr gear. I am wanting to learn more about it and use it for street stuff because of the size. If the street stuff goes good, I may have to get a fuji digital to use instead of the film.

I am liking the film for certain things. As I learn about it, I'm sure that I will get much better at it.

Very nicely done Ron. Those vintage signs are great. Get 'em while you can. At least in my town, that stuff disappears overnight sometimes.
One that always made me laugh and I wanted to snap, but never did, was a sign that read "Second hand furniture and food".
I know what the actual intent of the sign was but I still was curious how the second hand food was served. :lol:

Very nicely done Ron. Those vintage signs are great. Get 'em while you can. At least in my town, that stuff disappears overnight sometimes.
One that always made me laugh and I wanted to snap, but never did, was a sign that read "Second hand furniture and food".
I know what the actual intent of the sign was but I still was curious how the second hand food was served. :lol:

I'm not so curious about the second hand foot myself but I'm sure that someone somewhere may enjoy it ;)

I really like the shot of the bike-man....grain and all.....!

Thank you. He was the interesting biker because he was in street clothes and biking alone. There were a couple of groups riding ahead of him a few minutes before but I wasn't able to get them.

Thanks gsgary. I like the HP5 and was happy with most of the photos. That one was a little grainy and I was shocked because it was like 8:00 am in the morning with full sun light from the camera right.

I have 3 more rolls of HP5 and then I may try something else to see about it.

Thanks gsgary. I like the HP5 and was happy with most of the photos. That one was a little grainy and I was shocked because it was like 8:00 am in the morning with full sun light from the camera right.

I have 3 more rolls of HP5 and then I may try something else to see about it.

What camera?

Anyway.. you may also want to try to set the camera as ASA 800 and push the development one stop. Then you can shoot indoor more with less light.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back