First roll from my Bronica!

Discussion in 'Medium Format & Large Format' started by nealjpage, May 14, 2007.

1. nealjpage

nealjpage multi format master in a film geek package

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Ok, so these are off a bit (still getting used to the waist-level finder), and I learned that the Sunny 16 rule doesn't work that great if you don't have a shutter speed equal to your film ISO! Thoughts on any of these?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    So aside from getting used to the viewfinder, how are you liking the Bronica so far? They have such a great reputation.

I'm not sure what's going on in the first image here - but it's all angles, lines, and contrast - and I love this shot! :thumbup: Very cool.

Keep shooting, keep shooting. :)

3. nealjpage

nealjpage multi format master in a film geek package

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks, Terri! So far so good--I was used to using the viewfinder on my Yashica MAT before that broke, but this one seems a bit more tricky. I'll get the hang of it. Nothing like a new camera to expose your weaknesses as a photographer, eh?

These pictures were taken at the old city water tanks, which have been abandoned for many years. I learned last week that they're going to tear them down before the summer's over, so I wanted to shoot 'em before that happens.

4. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    ooo, that place sounds like a gold mine! I bet you're in and out of there a few more times. ;)

We all fumble a bit with new equipment - but once we've learned it, it's very empowering. I think you're off to a great start! :)

5. montresor

montresor TPF Noob!

With "sunny 16," if you don't have shutter speeds that match the ISO of your film, you can make small, "guesstimated" adjustments to the aperture. To wit: on a bright, sunny day, shooting ISO 100, and your shutter offers you 125 as the closest speed, open the aperture a little wider than f16 -- just a bit; f11 would probably be too much.

If you're shooting black and white, you can correct some exposures at the printing stage, especially if you've erred on the side of slight overexposure.

The Bronica shots look great! Almost bought one recently -- it was only the $$$ issue (as in, "buy the camera or pay the rent") that made me decide not to.

6. Mitica100

Mitica100 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I also like #1. Great shots! Keep shootin'...