First roll of B&W.

WhiteRaven22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I decided to try my hand at black and white. Here are some of the less terrible shots from my first roll:
Rollei RPX 25, Nikon FM2(N) with a Nikkor 50mm f/2 lens for most of them, negatives developed by Dwayne's Photo and scanned with an Epson V500 with absolutely no alterations to the scans.
img002.png
img004.png
img021.png
img032.png

Interesting choice of film for your first roll.

They look nice, if a bit overexposed in at least 3 or the four shots. Water is tricky. You can adjust the tones in software if you care to tweak a little. I like the reflections and drop ripples in the third.

They look nice, if a bit overexposed in at least 3 or the four shots. Water is tricky. You can adjust the tones in software if you care to tweak a little. I like the reflections and drop ripples in the third.

Like I said, these were some of the "less terrible" shots. I knew that B&W overexposed in the blue range, I just didn't understand how much. Most of the other shots were far more bleached. One of the B&H reviews on this film mentions that it does tend to overexpose, but it works very well with a red filter. I may need to get my hands on a red and a yellow filter at some point. Dwayne's Photo actually did a really good job correcting the exposure in the wet prints, but as a rule I don't correct my images in post (I did the scanning myself), so I'm going to let these stand as a lesson in "What to do better next time." :)
The third is my favorite as well. I got lucky with the timing on that one. I wanted to try a slow film since most of the color films I like are slow (Velvia 50, Ektar 100). I've got a roll of Ilford Pan F Plus (50) that I'll probably shoot next, and I may get my hands on some Tmax 100 at some point.

Most reactions

Back