First Selective color post

firemedic0135

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yeah I know everyone has a general distaste for the selective coloring but I am gonna post it anyway cause I like it:greenpbl: I am also posting the BW version cause I think it looks good(even better) than the color version I had posted in another thread.Looks more realistic,more time correct than the color.So anyway let me know what ya think about it.Thanks :thumbup:

LunarBW.jpg

LunarBWselective.jpg

I don't have a general "distaste" for selective colouring. I feel it can be great FUN to play with this possibility for once, and can set great effects. When overdone, then I feel it is cheesy. Not overdone here, though I still prefer the pure b&w ... as you know I already liked the colour version of this but you are right: b&w is more "time correct".

Selective colouring is, of course, not "time correct" at all! :wink:
As long as you take it as a playful variation of your photo I feel it is ok.
(The only really artistic selective colouring I have seen on here of late was that done by Efergoh, this_one ).

Not a fan of selective color but IMO this one works. I would get a better shot of earth and drop it in there, the blown out version is distracting.

there is a blue colour cast on the right flag which is not suposed to be there I guess? At least it is not on the left one.

Traveler..thanks for the input.I will try and tone the earth down a bit a see hopw it looks.:thumbup:

Alex_b..Thanks for your input also:thumbup: .I was not happy with the blue light cast on the flag.In the original color version it looked good but in this one as you see it does not look good just because it really stands out in one area.I believe it was a conflict in WB from an alternate light source cause this was a really dark shot and if memory is true about 5sec exposure.I tried to change the color in PSP before posting but I just kept changing it from blue to faded blue to red and so on,and so on.

Alex_b..Thanks for your input also:thumbup: .I was not happy with the blue light cast on the flag.In the original color version it looked good but in this one as you see it does not look good just because it really stands out in one area.I believe it was a conflict in WB from an alternate light source cause this was a really dark shot and if memory is true about 5sec exposure.I tried to change the color in PSP before posting but I just kept changing it from blue to faded blue to red and so on,and so on.

Easily correctible on high res original.
Use a lassor tool or something similar to select the lable, then do Image>adlustment>levels and use the righthand eyedropper to click on the white border of the flag and it will remove the color cast.

Easily correctible on high res original.
Use a lassor tool or something similar to select the lable, then do Image>adlustment>levels and use the righthand eyedropper to click on the white border of the flag and it will remove the color cast.

Thanks Traveler I will give that a try:thumbup:

Alright I have tried to fix the label and think it is about right and toned down the blown out highlights on the earth .Let me know If it is better or worse ar anything else you see.
Thanks so far for all the input.

LunarBWselectiveagain.jpg

Hey Traveler I like the edit.I jus edited my earth and you went out and got another one:wink: :thumbup: thanks for the post

Most reactions

Back