first self portrait in a while

hot shot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hey guys
my first self portrait in nearly two years :???:. had no intention of taking it just walked out the house with my camera and tripod what do ya think

melamppost2.jpg

was taken with a 350d with a 28-80mm lense set in manual iso 400 and a 4 second exposure

Great colours here! (plus, I doubt I could stand so still for 4 seconds) Have you tried cropping above the wall, leaving some black space, and cloning out, or cropping, the light pole? As well as a little bit of straightening. Great image!

think it was 4 secodns got me doughting my self now ill check when i get home ill try the chop and see what it looks like ill post the results so you can see what it looks like

Great shot, love the vivid colors. I think you should crop the light out as well, leaving only a little black. Looking forward to the results!

cool shot - but can i ask a ddddduuuuuuuummmmmbbbbbbbbb question?? i know using a slow shutter speed in photography of ex. waves/running water, the result is beautiful, soft/cottonwool type water ..... so what benefits do you get from taking a shot like this using a long exposure where all is still?? Please excuse my 'vauge-ness!!' but you've gotta ask to learn right?! xx

jemmy said:
cool shot - but can i ask a ddddduuuuuuuummmmmbbbbbbbbb question?? i know using a slow shutter speed in photography of ex. waves/running water, the result is beautiful, soft/cottonwool type water ..... so what benefits do you get from taking a shot like this using a long exposure where all is still?? Please excuse my 'vauge-ness!!' but you've gotta ask to learn right?! xx

it was taken at night and he needed to let light into the camera...

jemmy please not a lot of the colour came from "bending my curve" in photoshop. will have the edited version on line to nite

i prefer the orginal think it looks strange with the top of the wall being well lit with the black sky, i think if it was lit with flash instead of the street light the second one would be better JMO

I personally much prefer the crop, gives kind of that 'eerie' feel, as well I do believe the textures of the brick wall seem to 'pop' even a tad bit more.

Great shot, uncropped and cropped.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back