First self-portrait with a few dogs, with studio lights! Thanks to Pixmedic!!!

FITBMX

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is the same as the other thread but with dogs! :biglaugh:
C&C Please.

10-3-15 004.jpg

10-3-15 005.jpg

10-3-15 007.jpg

The Corgi did not want to be held, so he is more out of focus. :048:

Disclaimer: I know nothing about portraits. Having said that, these look nicely done to me in terms of lighting and set-up. Someone who does portraits might be able to point out some fine-tuning you could do, but it seems like you got the important things right.

And you look a lot more natural and relaxed in these. The dogs are just too cute. The first one is being all cool and hip about it. The second one is all, "The lights! I see...everything!!" And yes, the Corgi is adorably worried about the whole thing :)

Lenny said it all :) Nice set!

Disclaimer: I know nothing about portraits. Having said that, these look nicely done to me in terms of lighting and set-up. Someone who does portraits might be able to point out some fine-tuning you could do, but it seems like you got the important things right.

And you look a lot more natural and relaxed in these. The dogs are just too cute. The first one is being all cool and hip about it. The second one is all, "The lights! I see...everything!!" And yes, the Corgi is adorably worried about the whole thing :)

I make a trouble model! LOL I really need to find someone else to stand in front of the camera, I think they would be much better then. :)

Two is the winner here! I may have brought the tripod up a few inches though. But IRL I am super short, so this is a true perspective from my point of view! Lol

Two is the winner here! I may have brought the tripod up a few inches though. But IRL I am super short, so this is a true perspective from my point of view! Lol

Harvey is always the winner! ;)

Well at 1/25sec, even YOU are a little out of focus from blur, not DOF.

shooting at 1600ISO and f/1.4 -- By studio lights did you happen to mean a couple of 40watt light bulbs? These are exposed well for what you were using for lighting, but that lighting pattern is very boring -- completely even light with no shadow/depth. These are framed VERY tight and like JazzMaster suggests, I'd raised the tripod a bit.

Well at 1/25sec, even YOU are a little out of focus from blur, not DOF.

shooting at 1600ISO and f/1.4 -- By studio lights did you happen to mean a couple of 40watt light bulbs? These are exposed well for what you were using for lighting, but that lighting pattern is very boring -- completely even light with no shadow/depth. These are framed VERY tight and like JazzMaster suggests, I'd raised the tripod a bit.

:lol: I forgot to explain that, it is not f1.4! This lens is a old legacy lens that I have a "chipped" adapter for, so it always reads f1.4 but it was set at I think f8 with the dogs. You are right 1/25 sec is way slow, my brain must have been set on stupid at the time!:BangHead:

Tell me what you think of the set without the dogs, I think the lighting is better in them. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back