First Senior Shoot ever C&C please

hey thanks. i havent really done much other than practice and read a few things on here. its getting to the point where i want to maybe take this a little further than a hobby. was hoping to find a photog willing to take me under their wing but idk

Well.......:scratch: lol

Honest opinion, she looks like she smoked a big ol' fatty before she met up with you. :lmao:

I like 2 and 3 the best out of all of those...only because her eyes aren't *As* heavy as the others...although, I think that the *pose* in the first shot is great!;) Scenery and natural feel to it...just make it nice , imo.
Was she squinting because of the sun in her face? Or is that just how she smiles...

Id hate to offend her and be like " Hey, gotta retake these cause your eyes are all squinty".... =/

theyre not bad shots, dont get me wrong...just the "stoner eyes" kinda make 'em... "eh"...

Id maybe have a little more fun with it.. take more.. and try going when the sun is ready to go down? and use a fill light? ( still a noob..so im not sure if thats the best thing..) but just a thought :)

Good job on the shots, and good luck!! Keep us updated. [=

i had a flash in an umbrella for most of them. and as stated before, she isnt high, she has heavy eyelids and when she smiles they are worsened a bit. i cant imagine the sun helping either lol

i had a flash in an umbrella for most of them. and as stated before, she isnt high, she has heavy eyelids and when she smiles they are worsened a bit. i cant imagine the sun helping either lol

Yeah, i read that.lol I just thought id throw that in there..lol

well I think other than the eyes. ( which can be fixed or delt with..lol)
you did a pretty damn good job... especially for a first shoot.:thumbup:
Has she seen them yet?

she absolutely loves them haha. just got this text

"I LOVE THE PICTURES!!" lol

and the "clients" mom likes them as well haha

When I asked if this was a date or a shoot, your relationship with this young lady was of no interest to me. I would ask you the same even if I knew you guys were married...

It is just a way of saying that work is work. Ice cream after the shoot if you want but not in the middle of it unless the ice cream is going to be part of the image. :er:

i was thinking beforehand. giving the sun a chance to come down a bit. she said she would do a shoot with me whenever i wanted.

i would think if she looked down it would be worse. i might just have to remind her to make an effort to keep them open

If all else fails...
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Af0bdmcSXis/SwqX46Mc9aI/AAAAAAAAAP8/Gryg2HL0ktc/s1600/clockwork_big.jpg
clockworkorange.jpg

And yes I am only kidding, for anyone who thinks I'm not being PC...

Her natural look looks like it they could create a couple of challenges to work with. Her natural eyelid shape and characteristics are definitely non-typical. The challenge you have is to find ways to maximize her best attributes. Her mother will love the photos you take as long as they are even half-decent...that's the way parents are. What's harder is to satisfy tough, independent crowds, like c.cloudwalker, who'll tell you she looks "really stoned." I kind of agree with KmH, that the way she's doing her lipstick is a bit off-putting. Ah, well, keep at it. A second session would probably be a good idea to get more practice with a non-traditional young lady. Not everybody is Hollywood beautiful.

thank you. I'm actually kind of attracted to her. Its just the photos that came out a little weird. But even she knew it was gonna be a problem.

Shoot later in the day. She's squinting and looks high.

Also, fix the makeup under the left eye. That one makes her look like she got punched.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back