Photos NOT OK to edit
C&C please.

IMG_8649.jpg

Chicago in the distance ^
IMG_8658.jpg

IMG_8660.jpg

IMG_8675.jpg

IMG_8698-1.jpg

Closer picture of Chicago across the Lake.
IMG_8704-1.jpg

IMG_8715-1.jpg

is that on the beach? snow drifts? or is that frozen water?

is that on the beach? snow drifts? or is that frozen water?

Well i was on the beach looking across the Lake...Its Shelf ice as they call it...Those big mounds are Ice. If that makes sense...The ice across the tall mounds is the lake with a layer of ice on it.

That is so weird... I've never been somewhere when its cold enough to do that.
Nice shots! I really like the one where you can see the city.

ahh, its a Lake, that makes since, I was thinking it was the Ocean, I figured there was no way it could have been the ocean frozen like that.

Thanks Srinaldo. Its pretty cool..

Tulsa. yea its Lake Michigan..I dunno if your from the States but i thought you learn about the Great lakes in school..

you gotta think you are farther north where it is usually alot colder heh

I am in Cleveland on Lake Erie, so this is a familiar sight to me!

I like the last two photos the best, as there is more interest to them. The first several are pretty much straight on shots with the horizon in the center, and composition like that does not excite me, so perhaps views looking down the beach like the second to last photo might be more interesting. The sky was dreary that day I can see, but I think some of these photos could really pop if they were taken around sunrise or sunset, to add some vibrant color into them.

the sun was going down..it was late in the afternoon...if it was summer though id have a beautiful shot of the sunsetting in the water...right now its setting Southwest of Lake michigan so no good sunsets...

Tulsa. yea its Lake Michigan..I dunno if your from the States but i thought you learn about the Great lakes in school..

I didnt see the text saying Chicago and Lake.

I just saw you were in New York and figured it was there.

ahh, its a Lake, that makes since, I was thinking it was the Ocean, I figured there was no way it could have been the ocean frozen like that.

I am from East coast new brunswick in canada. The atlantic ocean near the coast get frozen like that all winter long....we go ice fishing, drive sleds on it and even drive trucks on that ice.

#2,3,4,7- The foreground is not in focus.
#5,6- Dont really like the diagonal lines. And the horizon is exactly in the middle of the frame.

They're kinda :meh:

Most reactions

Back