First session with the d700 ... C&C WELCOMED!

ACrossley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.alishacrossleyphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One of the first sessions complete with the new gear .... feedback welcome and needed! THANKS in advance!

DSC_1862WEB.jpg
[/URL]

DSC_1877.jpg

DSC_2042web.jpg

How much PP was done to the eyes? They looks really fake, especially in #2.

I like the eyes in the SOOC one much better. So much more natural. But, I am a traditionalist. Maybe just do a little dodge and burn. But that is just my $0.02 and that's exactly what it is worth.

Awesome lighting! How did you light it?

I absolutely love this camera and can't wait to get one.

Oh and I checked out your website and you have some amazing work! If you don't mind me making a suggestion, I'd say that you need to ditch the music, and fast.

Well, I appreciate your two cents ... very valuable to me! I try not to "over" do it on my eyes with little ones. So many photogs make them look demonic! However, my moms eat this up. I need to hear if I am getting too close to the scary line :er:

Thanks Restomage!
Lighting was purely from God - no speed light, etc. I used the 70-200 2.8 lens (ISO 160 - 1/640 sec @f/3.2) @195mm.

Thanks for the music suggestion. Just not a fan in general of music on sites or not of mine?

Thanks Restomage!
Lighting was purely from God - no speed light, etc. I used the 70-200 2.8 lens (ISO 160 - 1/640 sec @f/3.2) @195mm.

Thanks for the music suggestion. Just not a fan in general of music on sites or not of mine?

Just not a fan of music on sites at all, I think it draws the attention away from your main focus point, which should be your photos.

Plus I find it annoying when music randomly pops up on my computer.

Thanks Restomage!

Just not a fan of music on sites at all, I think it draws the attention away from your main focus point, which should be your photos.

Plus I find it annoying when music randomly pops up on my computer.

Great point ... much appreciated! Will give this some thought. You will love the d700, btw. It is a wonderful friend!

I like the eyes, but I think you need to repalce the pupil in PP.

You use the 70 - 200 2.8 for portrait? My duaghter is going to prom and I need to take pictures ofcourse and was just thinking with lens to use.

Yes, I agree with the lack of the pupil. Thanks for the tip!

When shooting kids, I focus less on lenses and more on movement ... mine and theirs! I find the 70-200 allows me to stay in stride with them and capture the portraits and full bodies without being concerned with lens type. It is the only zoom I have found that I like thus far ... primes are my fave due to quality.

My lens choice for brides/ seniors is the 85mm f/1.4. It makes a CREAMY background when you go all the way down or close to it. The subject really pops AND it is a prime ... so it is super sharp and fast ;)

Most reactions

Back