First set with Nikon D3000

cutestguy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello folks

I got my new Nikon D3000 few days back and here are 3 sets of pics which I took today. Some are edited using PP and others are almost raw. Welcome comments and criticism. I am newbie with SLR and need your inputs for further works. Thanking you all in advance.

Set 1

#1 This is my son

DSC_0108Wkd.jpg

#2 Sunset

DSC_0076Wkd.jpg

# 3 Extreme

DSC_0072Wkd.jpg

# 4 Swamp

DSC_0060Wkd.jpg

# 5 Pigeons

DSC_0056Wkd.jpg

Continued....

#1 - cute, but a snapshot. Some cropping might help, but the face maay be a bit soft

#2 - Too much sky and not enoght landscape to convey a story.

#3 - I get the message in contrast, however you miss by not including all of both structures - perhaps a differents angle? A bit soft as well. Definitely an idea worth pursuing futher!

#4 - Does nothing for me. trash it.

#5 - Love the lines and curves. I feel like I'm missing something at the top. Try again with more emphaasis on pushing the contrast between lines and curves by getting more of whatever is missing at the top. Feell free to omit the pidgeons ;)

Steve

#1 - cute, but a snapshot. Some cropping might help, but the face maay be a bit soft

#2 - Too much sky and not enoght landscape to convey a story.

#3 - I get the message in contrast, however you miss by not including all of both structures - perhaps a differents angle? A bit soft as well. Definitely an idea worth pursuing futher!

#4 - Does nothing for me. trash it.

#5 - Love the lines and curves. I feel like I'm missing something at the top. Try again with more emphaasis on pushing the contrast between lines and curves by getting more of whatever is missing at the top. Feell free to omit the pidgeons ;)

Steve
Thank You Steve.

I consider this as wonderful comments and would think about these in the next shots.

Thanking you once again...

Dave

Need more comments on this set too...

#1 - main rule when shooting children is to get down low so you're at eye-level with them. Shooting down on them is a great way to make a photo look like an unplanned snapshot. Everyone is used to seeing children from this angle, it's boring.

Colours in #2 are nice but as Steve mentioned you should have included more landscape/silhouette and less sky. Shots like this work best with an interesting or unique shaped silhouetted against the sky, instead of the usual trees and buildings.

I enjoy tyhe framing in #5 and the lines, but I think you should pick a different subject than the pigeons (which you can barely see).

#1 - main rule when shooting children is to get down low so you're at eye-level with them. Shooting down on them is a great way to make a photo look like an unplanned snapshot. Everyone is used to seeing children from this angle, it's boring.

Colours in #2 are nice but as Steve mentioned you should have included more landscape/silhouette and less sky. Shots like this work best with an interesting or unique shaped silhouetted against the sky, instead of the usual trees and buildings.

I enjoy tyhe framing in #5 and the lines, but I think you should pick a different subject than the pigeons (which you can barely see).
Thanks Fokker for the precise comments.

I recently read about the eye level way of shooting kids, and will be trying from now onwards.

I had to shoot the sunset like that and I cropped it, reason being the lousy compound wall just below it. May be I should try a different place. All these pics were taken from inside an apartment complex and I am going out next time for better places.

And when I was winding up and goin back to my room, saw this noise, pigeons making and suddenly thought about this shot. Not at all pre-planned but thanks for the insights.

Thanking you once again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back