First Shoot other then family

sdesha

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was my very first shoot, last weekend. I am very proud of them. The customer was very happy!!! and even got me a few more photoshoots booked! which made me so happy! So here it is C&C pretty please. This lil boy was a mover, He was moving like the speed of lighting...it was alot of fun staining my jeans...haha..but i did not mind, he was a doll....

Here are my favorites and the a couple of the ones they ordered...:)
SD_amanda_07.jpg

SD_Amanda_Filtered_06.jpg

SD_Amanda_04.jpg

SD_amanda_08A.jpg

Are you selling or just shooting for whomever those were for? I'm just wondering with using an S700 and all.

Nice DOF with #2. I know that's difficult to get with that little Fuji. I have the same camera.

I do the shoots for free...but if they want to order I give them a good deal.

I love my lil camera...but cant wait for my XTi! hehe...I get hopefully by november!

WOW!!! Those turned out great. Good job. I used to have that camera and love it but not I like my SLR more.

thanks Brian! I was shooting them thorough the eye hole and not the screen and at first i thought they were all blurry. but when I pulled them up on the computer they weren't haha...I cant wait for my new camera...I want to see what I can do with it! hehe...

What mode did you shoot these in? Cause the other photos you posted before had the blue tint. These turned out perfect like they should with that camera. Let me know. I forgot to ask you that in my last post. O and yes the pictures will look a little blurry in the eye whole because its a lcd in there instead of having a true mirror on an slr showing whats coming in thru the lens. There is a seprate sensor in point and shoots. I had to get used to looking at the real thing when i got my slr.

You are still looking through the lens. AFAIK, the image you see either on the back LCD or the viewfinder is what the sensor is seeing, which is through the lens.

though as I typed that, I thought of a different meaning of "through the lens" that everyone may mean. What exactly do you folks mean by "through the lens?"

I take it as this example, my image on the LCD of the viewfinder and also the image projected from an SLR mirror to the viewfinder as "through the lens". Else, I would be talking about the little point and shoot cameras with a vewfinder that when looking through the viewfinder, you are looking through completely different optics than what the recording sensor is seeing.

You are still looking through the lens. AFAIK, the image you see either on the back LCD or the viewfinder is what the sensor is seeing, which is through the lens.

though as I typed that, I thought of a different meaning of "through the lens" that everyone may mean. What exactly do you folks mean by "through the lens?"

I take it as this example, my image on the LCD of the viewfinder and also the image projected from an SLR mirror to the viewfinder as "through the lens". Else, I would be talking about the little point and shoot cameras with a vewfinder that when looking through the viewfinder, you are looking through completely different optics than what the recording sensor is seeing.

well for how bright it was out side I could not see what was on the LCD, so I had to do take them the old fashion method and look in the whole, didnt relize it was wrong to do. I have a fuji s700, That is my starter camera, I am not getting my upgrade till next mouth. and I called it though the lens cause i have no idea what else you call when you look through that hole...haha see that sounded funny...haha

Last edited:
What mode did you shoot these in? Cause the other photos you posted before had the blue tint. These turned out perfect like they should with that camera. Let me know. I forgot to ask you that in my last post. O and yes the pictures will look a little blurry in the eye whole because its a lcd in there instead of having a true mirror on an slr showing whats coming in thru the lens. There is a seprate sensor in point and shoots. I had to get used to looking at the real thing when i got my slr.

thanks brian. As I said in one of my older post that my pictures were coming out blue, i figured out the white balance on that camera....I shoot these ones Apataure mode.

ah...and thank you for letting me know why it was blury I am so ready for my XTi!!! hehe

1. Very cute expression, nice composition. If you shoot outside in direct light like this you might want to get a circular polarizer as it will cut down the harsh light and help to bring out the colors. Try not to shoot in direct light if you can avoid it, though watch out for washed out backgrounds if you shoot in shaded areas.

2. A little undersaturated... perhaps overbright due to sun and then underexposed to compensate. Not sure. Turn up the saturation a bit and you should be ok. Don't love the crop though, the head cut off that way wasn't enough to be artistic (IMO) and was too much to be "not a mistake".

3. Cute could use a bit of boost in saturation I think. Not my favorite, but nice shot.

4. Veeeeeeeeeeeery nice. That's a keeper for any mom. Really really well done.

1. Very cute expression, nice composition. If you shoot outside in direct light like this you might want to get a circular polarizer as it will cut down the harsh light and help to bring out the colors. Try not to shoot in direct light if you can avoid it, though watch out for washed out backgrounds if you shoot in shaded areas.

2. A little undersaturated... perhaps overbright due to sun and then underexposed to compensate. Not sure. Turn up the saturation a bit and you should be ok. Don't love the crop though, the head cut off that way wasn't enough to be artistic (IMO) and was too much to be "not a mistake".

3. Cute could use a bit of boost in saturation I think. Not my favorite, but nice shot.

4. Veeeeeeeeeeeery nice. That's a keeper for any mom. Really really well done.

Thank you for C&C's...on number 2 I messed it with and got the color alot better...thank you..I didnt crop this picture...haha..the lil boy was moving so fast I as i was snapping the button he move closer to the camera as I snaped this shot...haha...thank you for commenting, thats how i learn...and see things different through someone elses eyes...

^^^ Very glad to help!

The first has a large portion of his face blown, and no light in the eyes. The shadow across the front of his face is not appealing.

The second is better, but needs to be post processed. It has a blue cast.

The 3rd is really a snapshot, with no connection to the camera or viewer.

The 4th is the best of the series, but I wish the little boy had eye contact with you.

If you are serious about improving or even going into business working with children, I highly recommend www.ilovephotography.com

well for how bright it was out side I could not see what was on the LCD, so I had to do take them the old fashion method and look in the whole, didnt relize it was wrong to do. I have a fuji s700, That is my starter camera, I am not getting my upgrade till next mouth. and I called it though the lens cause i have no idea what else you call when you look through that hole...haha see that sounded funny...haha
No, looking through the "hole" is the proper way to do it. Holding the camera up to your eye and looking through the "viewfinder" as I call it allows a more stable camera for the shot. The only time you should use the LCD on the back is when the camera is on a tripod, something our camera (I knew yours was the S700, same as the one I use) has as a benefit over dSLR. Though the new dSLR's are now coming out with this "live view" on their LCD screens lately.

I was just wondering about the comments others make when they say "through the lens". I take it as the image comes through the optics and onto either the sensor in similar cameras to the S700, then is transfered to the LCD screen or reflects off the mirror in a dSLR and up to the viewfinder. The only difference is ours is a digital image of what the lens sees and a dSLR has the actual optical image. They are amazingly more clear and easier to see than the S700's viewfinder.

The tiny pocket point and shoot cameras usually don't even have a viewfinder any more. The ones that do, it is completely seperate optics than what the lens sees. Thus the term "through the lens" when comparing the view from a dSLR and a compact point and shoot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back