first shoot with strobes

noob873

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Haven't been posting my work in a while, but heres one of my first shots with my strobes.

KCS_1030a-1.jpg

C&C wanted. I want to know what/how I can improve.

Last edited:
I like the idea, but my opinion is, that the right side of the face is too dark, there could be some difference between backround and face.

i like it. as ^ said a few things could be fixed/added but i think its good. if only i could have got a shot like that when i first tried my strobes.

nice work.

I actually tried having a fill from camera right through an umbrella at low power but it wasnt going with the look I wanted of the dark right side, maybe a slight back light even? I should've tried that.

i really like it!
i haven't tried strobes yet but i'm not such my result would be this dramatic!
the shadows are effective & yes, maybe the face is too dark and blends in with the background...but i like it!! nice job :)
cute pout too ;)

I actually tried having a fill from camera right through an umbrella at low power but it wasnt going with the look I wanted of the dark right side, maybe a slight back light even? I should've tried that.

White bristol board or if you like spending money a proper reflector, start at about 2 feet away and than 3 feet and than 4. You can keep the shadow effect well making some stuff visible, like an eye.

Most reactions

Back