first shot in a while C&C please

iPhoto17

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ice.jpg

it was pretty hard to get, theres about a 2 foot drop from the edge of the grass to the surface of the lake, and i had to hold the camera out with one hand to get the shot

looks interesting perhaps a bit over saturated? although i am no expert

It looks like something out of an Alien movie, until I read was it was. Good job considering it was one handed.

looks interesting perhaps a bit over saturated? although i am no expert
yeah, i added a bit more saturation to it to bring out the red in the clay and some more blue in the ice

What is it?

Looks like a snapshot at night using pop up flash.

+1

It's hard for me to tell what it is, but the composition just doesn't do anything for me. If those are ice crystals (for example) wouldn't they be going straight down due to gravity? I know it was hand held, but that is something to consider. In addition, the out of focus bright area on the right hand side is very distracting. My eyes were instantly drawn there rather than the subject, which would be (I'm assuming) the ice crystals.

It's a good attempt, but if you have the ability to, give it another try, maybe during the day. Try to keep the camera level (or level the horizon in post). Keep an eye on what's in focus and out of focus, and watch out for blown highlights.

+1

It's hard for me to tell what it is, but the composition just doesn't do anything for me. If those are ice crystals (for example) wouldn't they be going straight down due to gravity? I know it was hand held, but that is something to consider. In addition, the out of focus bright area on the right hand side is very distracting. My eyes were instantly drawn there rather than the subject, which would be (I'm assuming) the ice crystals.

It's a good attempt, but if you have the ability to, give it another try, maybe during the day. Try to keep the camera level (or level the horizon in post). Keep an eye on what's in focus and out of focus, and watch out for blown highlights.
i guess its too up-close for people to tell that theose are iceicles going down, about 8 or 9 inches down, ill see what i can do, becuase it gets too warm during the day for the ice to still be there

Most reactions

Back