First shot in M mode, C&C Please

tertius

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is one of my first shots with my new camera.

My Italian Greyhound Porsche was able to stand in for me and she did good but it is my turn to do the work. The shot was pulled off of the card and no processing has been done to the photo. I know the composition isn't the best but let me know what you think.

4429416479_2610160285_b.jpg

Thanks.

The first thing that kind of grabs my attention is I think your white balance might be a bit off. It looks to be towards the cool (blue) side.

Nice capture!! Seems the nose it out of focus...for me I would have gone around F10 or so for this shot..
TFS!

^ +1

Nice sharp focus on the eye. I agree with dominality that your wb should warm up a bit. Also most people like to se some exif data along with these posts. Welcome aboard

Yep, white balance and dof...

I love the picture though. I have not went to full M mode yet... I guess I need to start too.

D90 with the kit 18-105. Shot at 105mm f 5.6 1/1000 and ISO 200.

Guess i need to get a WB card to fine tune. I enjoy shooting a shallow DOF, so maybe I should back off of that and shoot some other types as well. I really like the focus to be set where I want the viewers eyes to be drawn.

I am curious to if the color of her fur would cause a slight cool shift in the WB? Yes, No where the heck did you get that idea?

BTW, thanks for the replies so far!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back