First Shot with my D80 C&C

jubbin2001

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I thought I would share some of the first shots I have taken with my Nikon D80. These were back in August with a Tamron 28-300mm Lens. Basically all I did was leave the camera on macro and hit the button for the upclose shots. The full shots were just on auto (except the falls that i was just messing with shutter speed).

Daisy.jpg

Falls.jpg

Ginko.jpg

Hybiscus.jpg

I wish I wouldn't have cut off part of the pedal on the top =(

LonelyLog.jpg

Pinky.jpg

Shroom.jpg

Last edited:
Might want to learn how to resize your pictures for the web.

I thought I had auto resized them with photobucket...sorry about that. I photochopped them down 30% to better accomodate :mrgreen:. What's the rule of thumb on size? Sorry I have gotten used to being on my 24" monitor, and the images weren't all that big to me.

Other than resizing them, they are untouched. I know some could use some balancing, but, I just wanted to get an idea mostly on composition and the like. Thanks again!!

Last edited:
Well, since you ask about composition: the first that caught my attention about each and every single photo presented here is that they are all centrally composed. Subject in the very centre of the photo. No wonder, as that's probably where your focussing point is, but you might want to focus and then slightly re-compose with the button half pushed to create some more imbalances that give the image some more "tension".

I thought I had auto resized them with photobucket...sorry about that. I photochopped them down 30% to better accomodate :mrgreen:. What's the rule of thumb on size? Sorry I have gotten used to being on my 24" monitor, and the images weren't all that big to me.

Other than resizing them, they are untouched. I know some could use some balancing, but, I just wanted to get an idea mostly on composition and the like. Thanks again!!

The software here resizes your images to 600 on the biggest edge, so you might take that a your guideline... generally automatic resizing doesn't look as good as what you can do yourself.

Not everybody on the web has 6mbps internet access (although I do :)) or a 24+ inch screen (although I do as well ;) )

Well, since you ask about composition: the first that caught my attention about each and every single photo presented here is that they are all centrally composed. Subject in the very centre of the photo. No wonder, as that's probably where your focussing point is, but you might want to focus and then slightly re-compose with the button half pushed to create some more imbalances that give the image some more "tension".

That is a fantastic suggestion.

Other than that though, I think they look mighty fine.

~B~

We all learn. That's the nice thing about TPF (the suggestions and critique). Hang in there. Looking for more postings from you!

BTW if your photos were "OK" to edit I would show you a few suggested edits.

Sabbath999 - I changed to my photos are ok to edit, just for you ;). I don't know why I clicked it before. I would really like to see what you had in mind.

Just about all of them look a little dark to me. And Take LaFotto's suggestion. It will realyl help in the future. You're off to a good start.

Mark

Almost all of them are underexposed, and you have some focus issues i.e. the waterfall is focused on the tree to the left. As well as handshake blurring, i.e. the mushroom.

I also agree with Corinna, central composing is boring, get them closer to the edge of the frame.

Most reactions

Back