First shot with new light tent

Reebo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I set up a very inexpensive light tent (total coast is about $52 including lights).

My wife had some sunflowers that I'd sent her just the previous week so I thought I'd see about using one of those as the source for my first test using a light tent.

Sunflower2-SubmissionSized-small.jpg

This is an Infrared shot of the sunflower. I probably should have gone with a normal color shot but frankly, I'm so gung-ho for IR these days, it's hard to get me to do normal color ;)

My first thought is that the inner ring of petals is a bit too light, and while I could correct that with photoshop, I was more curious as to how to avoid it in the suibject. I could do an HDR conversion but that's not really the visual I was going for on this one.

Note: I did use photoshop to remove the stem from the shot. I have no real braces or clamps or arms or anythng yet so it was a pretty basic "stem stuck in a hole cut into a small box to prop it up" situation, so it's hard to control the angle well.

Any and all criticism or suggestions are welcomed. I have no experience with light tents so feel free to pick it apart and te,, me what to improve. I thrive on critical feedback ;)

The tent setup is a 30x30 tent, with 4 lights, two on each side, one low and one high.

Happy shooting all!

Wow, amazing tones! Really good idea to put it in IR, and also to PS the stem out. Lighting is perfect. Looks like it's working then ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back