First shot with today's shipment from Paul C Buff :)

keith204

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Needed a new profile picture, anyway... :)

IMG_4067_Edit.jpg

a strobe?...they dont sell much else do they?

I like that you are showing off your 5d mkii :)

ahh this has had some responses. I've been pulling late nights at work, and haven't had a chance to play much, but can't wait - have a few people lined up in the next couple weeks.

I've been using 2 B800's, a softbox, umbrellas. For Christmas I got a 3rd B800 and bought a 4th to complete the set This order of gear included goodies to hook up to the new lights & make things easier:
two stripboxes
grids for the stripboxes and my softbox
2 lightmod systems
barndoors
filter holders
4 circular grids
snoot
a couple huge white umbrellas
2 lightstand bags to hold a total of 4 light stands (wahoo, this helps soooo much)
an itty bitty lightstand
Vagabond II

The shot above wasn't anything spiffy of course, but it was late at night when I was setting it up, and I was the only one to take pictures of! I took about 400 photos of myself, holding the camera out at arm's length at 17mm. I'd turn on each light individually for a photo to see what effect that light would have on me, then once tweaked I'd start turning on multiple at once, and by the end of the night, became more aware of how to balance the lights, and what lights make what highlights, and what shadows.

I have a few shoots coming up, and will be sure to share photos :D

also, I got my hair cut just after this photo ) It's only about an inch long now.

Most reactions

Back