First shots C&C

Aw3033

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey hows its going...i just recently got a dslr, d3000, i havent had a chance to go out and take pictures so i took some inside my house...let me know what you think..be honest. by the by im new to dslr.

***PICS ON 4TH POST***

Last edited:
Hey another Michigander. Welcome to the site. Good luck with everything.

Something is wrong with your pics. Cant see them.

Gian

Yea im working on that now..what part of michigan?

DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0085.jpg

there we go...sorry bout that.

anyone? dont be shy.

Honestly they're not all that interesting, #4 is interesting, but it looks like you missed the focus a bit. If the sticks were in focus and sharp I would actually like that one.

it lookslike u might be using the on camera flash which tends to be a bit harsh

Everything is under exposed. Also if you are using the on camera flash, uh get a new one or get a tripod so you can get the correct exposure!

im going to have to agree with fiveoboy01. look on you tube and use google to find photography tutorials. learn about how aperture and shutter speed allow light into your camera and effect the image. read your manual thourougly to get a good understanding of your cameras capabilities. Believe me it helps more than you know. especially if your new to dslr's like i was. i read my manual and it help me understand SOOO much more about my camera. lastly DONT GIVE UP! there is always something new to learn about photography :)

Hey. I'm from southeast michigan. Northern Macomb. WBU?

Yeah as everyone has said, the on camera flash can be harsh. It looks like your shooting in a fairly dark environment. I'd say to get started try going outside and use that natural light. Try Aperture Priority mode and use a wide aperture to get some cool shots.
Hopefully that will help you out. Post up some more pictures and let us know.

Gian

Take a step back and read about the basics of how to take a picture, both in terms of technicality (aperture, shutter, iso) and also in terms of composition.

A good book is Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson.

The pictures lack interest, are poorly exposed, and have obvious on camera flash usage.

On the good side, they do show some artistic interest

A little dark, but you have to start somewhere. Definetely head over to YouTube and search for some tutorials. There are TONS, they'll give you a great start.

alright thanks everyone, im going to practice more with what was suggested...ill post more once i work on that.

Glan133...Oakland Country, Troy.

Most reactions

Back