First shots for magazine, please cc

You should be proud to show them in an e-zine, with one exception, the money shot...#1. IMO, the washed out sky and the white house doesn't do it justice. Also, the post that is blocking the left window is distracting. However, bear in mind this is C&C of a photo. I have browsed the reality pages and this would be an acceptable entry, but I think you stated you want to stand out from all the "average joe's" that will be there as well.

I am fairly good in ps, i think that i could handle those two issues given time. Thank you for the honest and fair cc, I am starting to wonder if i am out of my mind doing this, and sometimes feedback reinforces that. (of course thats the point i guess!)

In all fairness, I dont think you need new equipment.....damn....
I use Nikon edit software, it has a tool to straighten distortion, its not perfect but you could try the same tool in PShop, see if you like them better.
Its not like anyones gonna get the micrometer/setsquare out on screen, and start measuring up:lol:
The exposure is more important.

In all fairness, I dont think you need new equipment.....damn....
I use Nikon edit software, it has a tool to straighten distortion, its not perfect but you could try the same tool in PShop, see if you like them better.
Its not like anyones gonna get the micrometer/setsquare out on screen, and start measuring up:lol:
The exposure is more important.

I know, I'm kinda thinking that most people aren't going to notice when they are looking at the site. I wanted the photos to look good, better than the little 2.0 Cybershot I had so I upgraded. I went as far as I could justify and put the tilt shift off till later. I will eventually get one because i want one, but thats another story.

I really do like the inside shots especially 7. I love old homes :) The outside shots show the house but they don't really help me connect with the history of the home....this may sound cheesy lol.
I don't know how to describe what I want to say. If you do go back and get the lighting you want can you try and take some pictures of parts of the home? Maybe threw doors, into/out of windows, get down and shoot up the stairs with a view of the door...I dun know. I am no good at taking photos of building hehe.

I really do like the inside shots especially 7. I love old homes :) The outside shots show the house but they don't really help me connect with the history of the home....this may sound cheesy lol.
I don't know how to describe what I want to say. If you do go back and get the lighting you want can you try and take some pictures of parts of the home? Maybe threw doors, into/out of windows, get down and shoot up the stairs with a view of the door...I dun know. I am no good at taking photos of building hehe.

Funny that you say that, i have alot of those shots but haven't processed them and posted them yet! I get the connecting with history comment. I feel the same way, but the site is sort of sterile in a mid construction way and the lighting doesn't help at all. I don't know if i will get to reshoot, I am waiting to hear form the Preservation Trust.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back