first shots from thailand trip

newrmdmike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
well, i've been here about a week and have not picked the camera up too much, as i've been searching for the right shots.

But, i couldn't help but take a few around the house.

also, excuse the color if its a bit strange, i'm working from a new ocmputer and its giving me some color problems. it stinks because they looked so good in lightroom.

this shot is from a photo story i havn't worked much on, this is komsat a child with a liver disease at a local orphanage. people had given me an impression that it was aweful, but i was very much impressed with this one and how the government funded it.

i will however say that thai culture has some problems as about 4 months ago this poor guy was on the brink of starvation and terribly swollen because they just put him in the corner to die. He is four years old, thats right. four years old. he is improving, although nobody knows what his future will be . . . everyone is currently just concerned with his quality of life. Thank god the ex-pats (ex-patriots) have taken an interest in him.
i will leave out the rest of the details for when i have a complete story
_DSC2592.jpg

and here are a couple snaps from the baby home so you dont think all the kids are like this, i was very impressed with how well cared for these abandoned children are. also, cameras aren't allowed, so busting out the mamiya next time might be a trick.

_DSC2586.jpg

_DSC2581.jpg

i took a ride over to my sisters drivers house (no they aren't that wealthy, its normal here, and expected in order to support the thai economy in some way) and saw his fighting fish. heres a shot from a fight

_DSC2461.jpg

guy near the fighting cocks
_DSC2454.jpg

_DSC2430.jpg

_DSC2422.jpg

a fruit i had never before seen.
_DSC2413.jpg

i'm not into touristy stuff, so sorry if thats what you expected.

Those are some great captures. The tree and the last one are my favorite

thanks guys! more to come shortly, im currently in hua hin.

The pictures of the children are moving, and the last three nature shots are simply amazing. Can't wait to see more!

I really like the 1 and the last three. The first one is even more "emotional" with the detail of his condition.

A little off topic, but what color profile are you importing/exporting in Lightroom? Because if you are doing everything in Adobe RGB or Pro Photo RGB instead of sRGB, then your colors are going to look a bit "flat" on the web.

thanks ladies! and butterfly, that last thing is a really good little fruit called a . . . let me go see . . . rombuton, but i'm not sure if the spelling is correct.

thanks itsme, i've had that problem before, but i just switched to a new computer, i thought i was saving to srgb, but maybe not, i'll double check before claiming its something else.

Wow. That first pic is extremely moving...he's so tiny and skinny. And 4 years old???!!! I also really like the one of the guy near the fighting cocks...there's such a 'photojournalism' feel to it.

The last 3, the nature shots, are so 'artsy' (for lack of a better word), which I like. The lighting on the giant tree is wonderful, and the pov and lighting on the leaves shot really makes it interesting. I've never seen a fruit like in that last shot (nice lighting again). That's part of the beauty of travel....seeing and experiencing things so different from home. I look forward to more of your trip pics.

i love the sixth shot.... awe i feel sorry for those children :(

thanks antartican! and yes he's four. i look forward to posting more!

and thanks koda!

Most reactions

Back