First Shots: Nikon D700 (A Little of This and a Little of That)

KenL

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Okay, I got this baby up and running, and went out into the neighborhood to get some quick shots.

First I went to the ugliest house (paint job) in the neighborhood. Sure, in San Francisco it would fit in nicely (maybe). Took this with my new Nikkor 16-35 VR.

Model = NIKON D700
Exposure Time = 1/320"
F Number = F9
Exposure Program = Normal program
ISO Speed Ratings = 200
Focal Length = 29mm

4409320647_d8dbbed61a_o.jpg

Next is Cupcake, sitting in our backyard. I took this with my Nikkor 70-300 VR.

Model = NIKON D700
Exposure Time = 1/40"
F Number = F5.6
ISO Speed Ratings = 320
Focal Length = 300mm

4410085548_a0fc2001bd_o.jpg

The next I took with my Nikkor 18-200 VR, which is a DX lens. I had the D700 in Auto-DX mode, so it reduced the megapixels to about 7MP down from 12.5MP.

Model = NIKON D700
Exposure Time = 1/160"
F Number = F6.3
ISO Speed Ratings = 200
Focal Length = 200mm
Focal Length In 35mm Film = 300mm

First is the shot at 200mm, then I cropped it for the second image.

4409320669_4151758c9a_o.jpg

4409320693_6b1db50272_o.jpg

WOW, #2 is awesome! Nice lens, crisp and clear. Th epaint that that house make me puke. If that was my neighbor, I would have sued him/her for being an eye sour. But, it's just me.

YEAH!! We should sue people that don't like what we like!! LOL;)

Very crisp and accurate pictures even with the DX crop. It's a fine piece of hardware!
Color me "JELLIS" I'd love to have a D700 (if I could afford the glass)

WOW, #2 is awesome! Nice lens, crisp and clear. Th epaint that that house make me puke. If that was my neighbor, I would have sued him/her for being an eye sour. But, it's just me.

Thanks Kethaneni!

YEAH!! We should sue people that don't like what we like!! LOL;)

Very crisp and accurate pictures even with the DX crop. It's a fine piece of hardware!
Color me "JELLIS" I'd love to have a D700 (if I could afford the glass)

Thanks rallysman! I really loved my D300..... The D700 takes it to another level.

nice focus on the cat.

Thanks matfoster!

Congratulations on the D700, it's an awesome piece of hardware. Upgraded from a D300 to the D700 myself, and love every minute of it. If you have the chance, try the nikkor 24-70 f2.8 on the D700. At f8-f11 it's just scary sharp. I bought the 70-300 myself, as I read good things about it on the D700, and I'm very happy with it. Looks like yours is a performer aswell. If you want to have some fun with ultra wide angle, try the sigma 12-24 ;)

How do you like the 16-35 vr?

Congratulations on the D700, it's an awesome piece of hardware. Upgraded from a D300 to the D700 myself, and love every minute of it. If you have the chance, try the nikkor 24-70 f2.8 on the D700. At f8-f11 it's just scary sharp. I bought the 70-300 myself, as I read good things about it on the D700, and I'm very happy with it. Looks like yours is a performer aswell. If you want to have some fun with ultra wide angle, try the sigma 12-24 ;)

How do you like the 16-35 vr?

Thank you mar1u5! I have a Nikkor 28-70/2.8 (The Beast) and if the 24-70/2.8 is as good that is terrific (and I've heard it is).

The 16-35/4 VR is wonderful. I sold a Nikkor 24-120 VR some years back with my D70, I've missed it but the 18-200VR was a good substitute, but now that I have the D700 FX, last night I ordered another 24-120!

I like 1 and 2, nice. No1 seems to have a slight tilt though and that's very distracting

I like 1 and 2, nice. No1 seems to have a slight tilt though and that's very distracting

Thank you rocdoc! Yes, #1 should be straightened!

I like the name of your cat - and his/her photo! Lovely background colour! Perfectly going with the colour of his/her fur!

The paint job on that house ... ah well.
We were on the island of Tenerife in the Atlantic, just off the northwest coast of Africa, and very colourful paint jobs on houses are normal there. I was amazed at how imaginative people are about giving their houses COLOURS!

I like the name of your cat - and his/her photo! Lovely background colour! Perfectly going with the colour of his/her fur!

The paint job on that house ... ah well.
We were on the island of Tenerife in the Atlantic, just off the northwest coast of Africa, and very colourful paint jobs on houses are normal there. I was amazed at how imaginative people are about giving their houses COLOURS!

Thank you LaFoto! Cupcake is a feral cat, she is a loner, and an incredible hunter (a real killer), but she is adorable and has a sweet disposition, never bothering any other cats. :queen:

Can we move this house to Tenerife?! :waiting:

Most reactions

Back