First Shots w/ Macro Lens...C&C Please!

RawHope

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Got a Nikon 105mm macro lens 2 days ago. I've been having fun! Let me know what you think of these shots. I'm totally new here, first time posting photos so be gentle. :wink:

4174645045_b3168f9ded.jpg

4174874750_f62c8fd9d8.jpg

4184738277_daab747342.jpg

Darn! This didn't work!! I'm on a Mac and am trying to get my images here. HELP??

Last edited:
just did what you said [/img] after the url and now I see question marks in little blue boxes! ???

I think the problem is on Flickr's end. Does it have to do with me opting in my Flickr account for no one but me to download my photos?

Oh noooooo, those are good question marks! nice exposure!!

Yeah thanks, I worked really hard on those question marks. This is annoying! Why is this not working?

Thats your problem you are using the link to the page on flickr the images are on rather then the image URL itself. Click on All sizes on flickr, then go to the medium size image. Depending on what web browser you have right click the image and click copy image url (Or go to properties and copy the URL yourself if you are using IE)

The url should end in .jpg like this

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4009/4174645045_b3168f9ded.jpg

Thats your problem you are using the link to the page on flickr the images are on rather then the image URL itself. Click on All sizes on flickr, then go to the medium size image. Depending on what web browser you have right click the image and click copy image url (Or go to properties and copy the URL yourself if you are using IE)

The url should end in .jpg like this

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4009/4174645045_b3168f9ded.jpg

THANKYOU!!!!!!!! They're up now. :mrgreen:

1. I don't like the composition. I looked right at the left side of the image first.

2. Good concept but again, I didn't like the composition.

3. Great shot! :mrgreen:

EDIT**
What do you think of the new lens? I'm thinking about buying it. Would you recommend it to anyone?

Try boosting the colors and contrast and decreasing the temperature a bit on the apple. It has some great potential.

Thanks for the comments. It's so interesting to get other peoples comments. I thought the composition of the flowers were good so it's good to hear other thoughts. I'm glad you all like the apple so much! I'll work on calming down that yellow in it...used the gold side of my reflector.

I took other pics of the same flower as #1. Here's one of them below. Do you think this composition is better?? (i know the photo is kinda dark - gotta work on it)

4175020245_2a94db7194.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back