First shots w/ my new 40D..C&C Please

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Tyler Durden, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I picked up a 40D on Ebay for $1100 with a battery grip, compact flash card, and a two year warranty from best buy with just over 1000 clicks. I have been reading "explaining exposure" and any other information I can get my hands on.

I have started shooting in RAW format and I'm having a hard time getting my photobucket to upload them. So if I dont have pictures up give me some time to figure it out.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  2. thenikonguy

thenikonguy TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    the pictures do nothing for me, but, may I suggest not using photobucket, it compresses the heck out of your photos, and you will start to notice that when you upload, the colors look different on photobucket than they do in your editing software..

when you say your having a hard time uploading them to photobucket.. are you trying to upload the RAW or are you converting it to jpg first? most sites wont import RAW, you have to convert them first.

the reason we shoot in raw is for editing purposes only, not displaying purposes... you shoot in raw so that you can have more control over your photo when you edit it (i.e you can change the white balance) then once all your edits are done, you export the photo as jpg or png (or whatever your preference is) and upload that file..

3. EleanorW

EleanorW TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    My noobie defintion of RAW...

RAW = it allows you to fix all the mistakes you make when you take the photo and make it look like you may have an idea of what you're doing :D

4. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Ya, they do look different online (here and photobucket) than they do with my viewer. I know about RAW files and their purposes... I just havnt found any software that will convert them for free. Any suggestions?

5. o hey tyler

o hey tyler Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    My suggestion would be that if you don't have any software to edit/convert the RAW files with... I'd wait until you do get something to actually shoot in RAW. Since right now they won't really serve a purpose.