First shots, with a hair?

CraniumDesigns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stevendavisphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took this today, along with many others. First shots with my new cam.

n77000136_30492681_6878.jpg

I noticed that line on a few of my shots. The same spot. Is it a hair? How can I be more careful?

Make sure you hair doesn't get in the frame (you have long hair?) I did a quick fix in PS
Also make sure you lens or sensor isn't dirty if it's the same in all you shots.

n77000136_30492681_6878-1-2.jpg

It's probably on your sensor, which means you need to clean it / get it cleaned.

Take the lens off, lock up the mirror, hold the camera lens mount downward and use a manual blower to shoot a puff of air into it. The hair should just fall right out.

Go into your menu and search for mirror lockup. There will be more detailed instructions in your owners manual. Definitely do not try to physically stick anything in there to hold it in place.

There's a manual cleaning mode located somewhere in your menus, on my camera it's in the 3rd menu from the left (I dunno how the XS is organized, but it should be in there near 'format' and other similar functions) .

no, i dont have long hair, so its not mine. i guess ill just make more of an effort to keep it cleaner.

and thanks for doing it in PS, but im a web designer and i know how to do it. :)
I was bored and had nothing to do :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back