First shots with Lensbaby Velvet 56

For flower photos, you just can't beat the look of this lens, IMO. I recently came across a mint - looks like it was never even taken out of the box! - Nikon mount for half the cost of brand new. Couldn't resist. I had been meaning to get a Nikon to Fuji X adapter for my 105 2.8 anyway since it didn't sell...

As always, I welcome your feedback/critique although please keep in mind that these were just very quick shots to make sure everything was working - I didn't spend much time on composition or think much about lighting and the flowers are a bit past peak... But even with those circumstances, I'm pretty happy with how these came out.

Lovely shots. This is the first time I've been able to see the value of a lensbaby.

Thanks! I had kind of felt the same way until I saw some photos by Kathleen Clemons.

My other half asked what I want for my bd. I think you just persuaded me to ask for a lensbaby!

Cool! Which one? It’s confusing. I love the Velvwt. But the composer system with the interchangeabke optics was tempting. The sweet 50 had great results when I searched it on Flickr and you can add the whatever they’re called to the front instead of extension tubes.

I was looking at the composer ( at least I think that was the one ) when I was toying with buying one since it wasn't expensive. It had discs to change the aperture.

I have the changeable optic system. Not all of the optics, but enough. The weird disk thing is really only the older optics, they don't sell those now. The newer optics have built in aperture blades, I think most have 9 blades. One or two have 12. The composer bodies are just a sort of shell you put the optic in. All it does is focus.

I think some soft, dreamy portraits would be cool with this lens.

Darn you, Sharon. I don't need any more gear on my list.

Portraits with this are next on my list.

these are beautiful!! I especially love the first

Thanks! Here's a more recent one that I don't think I posted here yet... also worth checking out if you're thinking of getting one is the Lensbaby Velvet 56 group on Flickr

these are beautiful!! I especially love the first

Thanks! Here's a more recent one that I don't think I posted here yet... also worth checking out if you're thinking of getting one is the Lensbaby Velvet 56 group on Flickr

Most reactions

Back