First Shots with my new DSLR!

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by slickhare, Feb 18, 2006.

1. slickhare

slickhare TPF Noob!

so i've finally gotten around to uploading some shots from my new Oly E-500! take a gander (PLEASE COMMENT! for the love of god!) and enjoy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. immski

immski TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I love the the one of the book. Great work w/ the DOF and such. The others I feel, I'm sorry to say, are nothing super special to me. I did not take them, however, and so my opinion means less than does yours. Enjoy the E-500! SLRs are the way to go:mrgreen:

• Like Like x 1
  3. bburton

bburton TPF Noob!

I've found that with my 300D hand-held shots with no flash and shutter speeds under 1/60 are almost always going to be a little blurry, no matter how steady I try to be.

So, I have to (1.) open the aperture more; (2.) use the flash; (3.) increase the ISO; (4.) use a monopod or tripod; or, (5.) use a lens with Image Stabilization, e.g. Canon 28-235 IS.

Keep experimenting. That's the beauty of digital: take 'em; look at 'em right away; change setting; take more . . . (you get the picture!)

:)

• Like Like x 1
  4. slickhare

slickhare TPF Noob!

thank you for the comments so far!

yeah i tried using the flash, but it always comes out too bright for my taste. i guess that can be remedied with a little more knowledge about flash photography (which i need to read up on to get the most out of a pop up). also i don't think i utilize ISO enough. thanks for your help!

5. Jimee

Jimee TPF Noob!

The first one would have a 1920s detective feel to it, if you take away the MS speaker, and got rid of the blue poster on the right edge.

• Like Like x 1