First shots with new macro lens

fokker

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I bought a canon EF 100mm f2.8 macro, and am loving it so far. MAcro lenses are great fun!

Here are a couple of my first shots with it

1)
3931288856_4c43e5cf49.jpg

2)
3931206106_b8b6469162.jpg

3)
3931203378_f39a0d3c5d.jpg

4)
3931202650_2734e92bc2.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Don't hold back on C&C

i like themm especially the cactus. looks like ur piano needs some dusting. i think the dust particles kinda ruin the picture. of course this is all coming from a noob though...

A little more light on #2 (possibly back-lit?) and a bit of crop off the right side and I'd REALLY like that one :)

You're going to have a blast with that lens. I love mine.

i like themm especially the cactus. looks like ur piano needs some dusting. i think the dust particles kinda ruin the picture. of course this is all coming from a noob though...

I have a different point of view, the piano is my fav, the dust creates a "forgotten music" theme.

I have the same lens and like playing around with it too.

I like how clear the piano on is it shows how sharp it is when you can see the dust.

#2 is my favorite but it use a diferent background.

A little more light on #2 (possibly back-lit?) and a bit of crop off the right side and I'd REALLY like that one :)

You're going to have a blast with that lens. I love mine.

Yes I tend to agree with the background, and looking at it now it does seem a tad dark. Pity, I know now how I could do it better but the thing got thrown out yesterday because it is broken and leaking green liquid everywhere!

I have a different point of view, the piano is my fav, the dust creates a "forgotten music" theme.

I have the same lens and like playing around with it too.

Yeah, I didn't notice the dust until I had the pic on my computer, but then I decided that I quite like it that way as well.

1. Pretty good, next time try having the whole leaf in focus.
2. A bit dark and the WB might be off, unless those are your walls.
3. A bit dark but nice. Next time wipe the dust off ;)
4. Best of the set
That lens is killer, enjoy it :D

I like the last one the best - it shouts "ouch". :)

#1 is my favorite, but possibly cropped a little tighter to show leaf and nothing else, the bit at the top left and right is slightly distracting to me. Have fun with that lens!

Thanks! Yes I tend to agree about the cropping of #1.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back