First Shots!!!!

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by DannyB, Aug 17, 2008.

1. DannyB

DannyB TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Alright so I got my new toy today. I took a ton of pictures and here are some macro/close-up's. For this post I have put up 3 and would love to know what you all think. Please feel free to comment. Keep in mind this is my first day with any DSLR and my knowledge thus far is extremely limited... so be kind, lol.

Mmmmmm, Chocolate....:drool:

[​IMG]

Low E....

[​IMG]

Eeeek :shock:...

[​IMG]

OK, Let me have it!!!!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  2. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    The images aren't bad, #3 is really quite good. They're all slightly under-exposed, but then lighting those sorts of subjects is tricky at the best of times. My main critique is why did you post these as .png files? These weigh in at around 1mb or more each vice the 100Kb or less a .jpg would have been.

3. Resin42

Resin42 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Ha, that's why they took forever to load. I thought my net was going on the bung.

Really good stuff for your first day. 3 is good but I really 2 the most. The deatail on the wound sting is lovely and the out of focus highlights on the back machine heads works really well. I'm a sucker for this kind of shot though.

4. DannyB

DannyB TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for the comments :) I was looking at the format of the file too. I don't know why or how they got to .png's but that is an easy fix when I get home from work. I have been reading the info that came with the camera today so I'll begin to have a better understanding of what all I'm doing. Thanks again!!!