first shots

shifty

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hey guys
this is my first try at photography, ive been using some basic programs for a while, but never actually taken my own photos these are my first attempts. comments are welcome
n510475386_557515_1764.jpg

n510475386_557516_2008.jpg

n510475386_557518_2488.jpg

n510475386_557930_4837.jpg

also im looking to buy a new camera, im open to suggestions seeing as ive only had one so far and it is the Pentax K10d.

If you're very new to photography jumping into Digital SLR cameras like the K10D is not necessarily the best idea. I will suggest a point and shoot camera but one which allows you to assume manual control just like SLRs. A camera that any idiot can use and a pro can use at the same time.

There's a few on of these on the market and they are much cheaper than SLRs too. The ones I'd recommend are the Canon PowerShot series.

I will never understand why anyone would try to dissuade anyone from buying a DSLR as their first camera. Dslr's (especially the lower end ones) are designed so anyone can use them. They are not some super complicated thing you need some kind of degree to operate. With pop-up flashes and pre-set modes like portrait, sports and, night mode alot of the features are made for the beginner (see Nikon's new ad) I think unless you are trying to save money or you want the portability the way to go for everyone is a DSLR. By the way I really like that church shot nice job!!!!

I'll have to agree with JIP in that a DSLR is good enough to be a very good P&S if you need it to be and everything is up hill from there (and there is a Lot of uphill).

#3 is very good and I like #4 as well. Keep it up!

mike

Both rivals - Nikon and Canon have very, very good entry level dSLR cameras. Couple worth having a look at:
- Canon EOS 400D / Digital Rebel (or older model 350D - 8MP)
- Nikon D40, D50, D80, or older D70

Whatever camera you used, I really like the picture of the church. ( the full frame one )

Most reactions

Back