First skyline shot with my D7100

J-Cal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jamescalandrella.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had some time to kill before a gig, had my camera, ended up with this. I'm pretty happy with it. I'm growing into this camera. Shot on my Nikon 18-200 lens.
DSC_8882.jpg

Overall it's a pretty nice looking image! Technically speaking it's solid.. sharp, well exposed.

The only thing I don't like is that my eye immediately follows thw railing off to the side of the frame, and then immediately jumps up to the really bright moon. This means that my eye is essentially thrown out of the image before it really looks at the main part of the city on the right. This is all subjective, so ymmv.

Overall it's a pretty nice looking image! Technically speaking it's solid.. sharp, well exposed.

The only thing I don't like is that my eye immediately follows thw railing off to the side of the frame, and then immediately jumps up to the really bright moon. This means that my eye is essentially thrown out of the image before it really looks at the main part of the city on the right. This is all subjective, so ymmv.
Thanks! I appreciate the feedback.

I like it. The rail leads to this yellow sign though, I'd crop out or photoshop out the yellow sign. But I like it !!

I like it. The rail leads to this yellow sign though, I'd crop out or photoshop out the yellow sign. But I like it !!
This seems to be a common sentiment. I honestly liked that there were a lot of things happening in it. It felt busy and active, which is why I didn't crop, but I get why people are saying it can detract from the focus of the photo. It's right there to see. The rail leads away from the city.

This seems to be a common sentiment. I honestly liked that there were a lot of things happening in it. It felt busy and active, which is why I didn't crop, but I get why people are saying it can detract from the focus of the photo. It's right there to see. The rail leads away from the city.
I don't mind the rail, I think it leads to the city. The one bright yellow square sign is the only yellow which once I saw it I kept looking at it LOL

I don't mind the rail, I think it leads to the city. The one bright yellow square sign is the only yellow which once I saw it I kept looking at it LOL
LOL. What can I say? Look out. Sax player with a camera!

I'm a sax player too

I'm a sax player too
Cool. Small world. What kind of stuff do you do?

Most reactions

Back