First snow fall!

Here in west London too! There I was on the toilet when what sounded like a storm with heavy gusts of wind came along, and my mum told me through the door that it was snowing.

I'm so excited, I don't think we got any snow last year that I can remember, I think it's just my area, I called by friend up who lives a couple miles away and nothing over there!

That equation could not be more wrong. How do you kick the rear end out if it's AWD?

RWD for the win in the snow (with selectable 4WD when you have an OOPS moment to get you out). :D

Really?
AWD not fun in the snow?
Have you ever watched WRC?

RWD might be fun for some doughnuts but thats bout it:p
Don't expect to out handle an AWD in the snow with a RWD car;)

Hahaha We beat you on the snow!! It snowed 2 1/2 weeks ago! 18 inches that stuck on the ground for a week!

What's 'snow'?? :confused:

Hahaha Smartass!:er:

Ugh...Snow already? You poor bastard.

Here's hoping it holds off around here as loooooooong as possible. Hopefully some time around the apocalypse.

Yeah I could totally do without the snow. Now if I actually went skiing or snowmobiling it would TOTALLY be a different story!

worthless_thread_wo_pics.gif

!!!!!!!!

LOL, I was about to post that too, until I saw that you already had.

(We really do need this one added...) :)

Do we not have that smilie on here?!

Really?
AWD not fun in the snow?
Have you ever watched WRC?

RWD might be fun for some doughnuts but thats bout it:p
Don't expect to out handle an AWD in the snow with a RWD car;)
Yes, I've seen WRC. I don't go out on the roads in the snow and drive at 110%. With AWD in the snow, it is not much different than driving on normal clear roads. With RWD, you get to kick the tail around and have some fun. No fun in AWD saying, "watch this" and taking off on a back road straight as an arrow as if there was no snow :D.

Never said RWD outhandled AWD in the snow. Just that it was more fun, especially when you have true 4WD to keep you out of a sticky situation. True 4WD will outhandle AWD any day in the snow on that note. Notice I also said "with selectable 4WD when you have an OOPS moment to get you out". I haven't driven a RWD car since 1988. I haven't driven a car until this year since 1995. It's been 4WD Toyota trucks for the last 12 years until I had to take the wife's car as a hand-me-down.

AWD, for wimps who can't handle a little snow. I never touched the lever in my 4WD until the snow was piled up a foot and a half...

Mid to north western Pennsylvania here. Snow was falling on the way home from work. Very briefly though.

Haha no offense but have you ever driven in the snow with an AWD car?
Yes it'll handle better than any other car in the snow too, but that's also fun. Watching people getting stuck in the snow while you drive by them and laugh, it's part of the fun! But you can make the tail slide out pretty easy in AWD too...

There is snow on the ground here this morning...not a lot, but enough to say, there is snow. And yesterday, I was at Wal Mart, and they were bringing out the C word decorations and packing up the halloween stuff. WTF.....

There is snow on the ground here this morning...not a lot, but enough to say, there is snow. And yesterday, I was at Wal Mart, and they were bringing out the C word decorations and packing up the halloween stuff. WTF.....
Hmm, Walmart is late with the Christmas stuff. Last year, my wife and I were at Walmart on her birthday (10/5) and they were putting the Christmas stuff out then.

I woke up this morning to 2 inches of snow. Take that, Canada!

Walmart was bringing out the Christmas stuff early October here.. I mean honestly who shops for Christmas stuff when you still have to prepare for halloween.

They are threatening snow again today. We have been in the 50-70's lately. But they keep bringing up that horrible for letter word S_ _ W.. Horrible word!!

North New Jersey had its first snow fall last week.... it caught everyone by surprise and it was pretty darn freaky seeing snow AND leaves still on the trees.

Ya tell me about it! Thats how it was with our freak storm back in the beginning of October!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back