First still life image.

Garbz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.auer.garbz.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is my first ever attempt at still life, using artificial light. 2 flash sources were used to try and balance the light, because I did not want to go fetch my tripod and to make the kitchen bench entirely black. My morning coffee for today:

DSC_8255.jpg

Now I've never tried this before but is this roughly what the still life theme is supposed to achieve? Any tips for tomorrow's coffee? And yes it tastes as good as it looks.

If it were me I would give the coffee more room at the top than at the bottom. That's just my oppinion, but hey you could try it tomorrow morning!

haha... the coffee does look good.

All I did was remove the reflection of the lower left side.

Other members can do more with it.......

BTW, fix one for me to!

7985-DSC_8255.jpg

Hmm I kind of liked the reflection, but looking back I think that if it were to stay it would need to reflect the coffee much more.

Tomorrow I will try again :) This time I am going to reflect the flash of a HUGE piece of paper and see what I can make with it.

that looks delicious. my morning coffee no where near as fancy.

I would suggest a cinnamon stick maybe?? Either in the coffee or on the plate or something.

I never think to take pictures of everyday simple things. This is a huge inspiration. Thank you

looks awesome, you have a great reason to wake up each morning.

Maybe try to clone out the flash spots, such as the top of the glass, as well as on the body of the glass. Im sure with your reflected like it will look much better and less "flashed"

Hmmm interesting recomendations. The cinimon stick will have to go on the side though. The problem with these coffees is as soon as you add something that breaks the layer between the espesso and the steamed milk it's all over and they mix.

I'll have to try this again in 2 weeks. My lens went for a warrenty repair today :cry:.

Most reactions

Back