First Test Photos with Sigma 135 1.8 ART

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got this lens a week ago and just found time to get out of the house with it for the first time. Was flying my drone and decided to snap a few photos of it to test out the sharpness and background rendering of the new lens. So far I'm extremely impressed and the focus appears to be dead on with no adjustments needed. Can't wait to use this lens for some portrait sessions.

No sharpening of any kind applied to these. Just some color correction and cropping.

1.) Taken at f/2.8. The grass behind the drone is probably only 10-15 feet away.
i-Zss9gVn-XL.jpg

2.) Wide open at f/1.8. The tree line behind the drone is roughly 150 feet away.
i-Nm4bJg9-XL.jpg

Looks very sharp here.

Even wide open, I'm very impressed with the sharpness so far. I was nervous in choosing it over the Nikon 105 1.4, but I think I'm going to be very happy with my choice.

I see huge potential here. Even on these rather mundane snaps.

Looks very sharp here.

Even wide open, I'm very impressed with the sharpness so far. I was nervous in choosing it over the Nikon 105 1.4, but I think I'm going to be very happy with my choice.
Hmmmm I see a comparison opportunity. You could send me the lens for a long term testing. And I can compare it to my 135 f/2.0 DC. Then once I have a good thorough report completed. You can determine if you want to keep the Sigma or not. :encouragement:

Most reactions

Back