First test with the my d750! AKA- Puppies in the snow!

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I suppose the camera is officially mine for keeps, since I took him out in the snow!

I still cant reach the back button focus, but am going to play around with using the FN button as BBF. That only leaves me with 2 fingers on the grip though which is a little painful with bigger lenses.

Anyways, I LOVE that I was able to adjust my settings fairly easily with big gloves on. I definitely cant do that with my DF.

Seems to be everything I hoped for!

Hope you are staying warm.

27423932179_976ab687e2_c.jpg

39172177822_d07a72f455_c.jpg

39172178882_4ea539fc5d_c.jpg

27423934319_b467be821e_c.jpg

39172179592_1f3370fb5a_c.jpg

Nice! Black & white dog in the snow; about as tough an exposure challenge as one can get.
Thanks!

Re: exposure My first few shots (as I was figuring out how the heck to work the camera) were TERRIBLE. Oh. So. Dark. But the sensor is spectacular enough that even those shots were quickly and easily saved in light-room!

It also didn't seem to play well with my sigma, but it may have been the subject. I will have to play around a bit more!

Nice. Making things hard on me with all the people I know getting new camera bodies. I NEEEEEEED one too. lol
Awww.

If it makes you feel any better- I told my friend that I wasn't as excited as I should be about this purchase. It felt a LOT like buying a cash register.

Deep down, I know this will do absolutely NOTHING to improve my photography. But, I needed a backup body to start a business and nikon only has sales this time of year (that I am aware of) So it made almost-good-sense to do it now.

Well done - lovely. Welcome to the 750 club.

Lovely photos

Nice. Making things hard on me with all the people I know getting new camera bodies. I NEEEEEEED one too. lol
Awww.

If it makes you feel any better- I told my friend that I wasn't as excited as I should be about this purchase. It felt a LOT like buying a cash register.

Deep down, I know this will do absolutely NOTHING to improve my photography. But, I needed a backup body to start a business and nikon only has sales this time of year (that I am aware of) So it made almost-good-sense to do it now.

I understand. I am trying to get into a 1D mk IV or a 1D x for sports and wireservice stuff.

Congratulations on the 750. That 2nd shot really made me smile, that's a keeper. However as to the title "puppies in the snow", I've seen ponies smaller than that puppy!!!

@snowbear Ohh! I do love joining clubs. Do I get a free t-shirt with my membership?

@jaomul Thank you!!

@ronlane-
I do hope you get the camera you want for your sports shoots soon!

I have high hopes that this will be good enough for sports of the boys. Its not something I enjoy shooting per say, but taking photos does make attending their sporting events more tolerable. :giggle:

@smoke665 I am with you on the second shot. Im not sure its actually nailed on the focus when you zoom in, but I am calling it a winner anyway! The little puppy is about 80lbs or so, and the bigger one is about 120- but I promise you, they still THINK they are puppies. ;-) And I let them. :giggle:

Good for you, Jazzie! yes, the 24-MP Nikon FX cameras have amazing sensors in them, with astounding file recovery on under-exposed frames shot in RAW mode.

Most reactions

Back