First tests with my alien bees (56K Warning)

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by Cuervo79, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Cuervo79

Cuervo79 Guest

First of all I posted such big images because most of the time if they are too small you don't notice everything.

Well I have my two AB800 in my posetion (finally, hahaha costumes was hectic) So in chronological order here are my first test shots with the bees.

First these two shots were taken with a single light with the 20 degree grid on and a red vinyl sheet hanging with just one holder, the back light is a window. These were self portraits so that's why the "closeness"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then later I got toghether with my best friend and my cousin and started playing again with the 20 degree grid and these are the results. (my photos where taken by my cousin, I took the rest)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After that I got the other bee out and used the softbox on it and on the other one took out the 20 degree grid and put it in the back to overexpose the background. After adjusting and postporcessing (sp?) I noticed the reflected light from the wall on to the hair wich I thinkg would of been resolved by bouncing the flash at another angle or geting us farther away from the wall.
    Here they are.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sorry if it was long, Any critiques and opinons (got no problems with serious critiques) very welcome.

Cheers

Javier

2. Garbz

Garbz No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ooooh the anti smoking campaigners will be all over this post :p

Very nice work. It is rare to see someone's first shots with new equipment turn out quite so well. With your bright lights you should probably consider cranking up the aperture a bit when needed. The first two especially almost look just plain out of focus since the DoF is so low.

Lighting is great especially on the bottom one. Not so much a fan of the harsh lighting in a colour picture but the black and white ones look fantastic too.

3. Cuervo79

Cuervo79 Guest

yeah the first ones I did the shalow depth of field on purpose, also its kind of dificult to make the camera focus on what you want when you're infront of it hehe, thanx for the feedback

4. J Crew

J Crew TPF Noob!

You don't happen to smoke do you? j/k I think they look nice overall. Which lighting setup did you buy?

- Jason

5. Cuervo79

Cuervo79 Guest

2 AB800 2 large soft boxes 1 20 degree gird and remote control and trigger stands

6. emogirl

emogirl TPF Noob!

4 & 5 are totally hot!!!!