First time at landscaping C&C PLEASE

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by musiksykeo, Dec 30, 2008.

1. musiksykeo

musiksykeo TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hey guys.
    im pretty new to photography even tho im running with a professional level kit. however when i took this shot i did it without filters and a tripod as this is what else i need to add to my kit. im currently running with a canon 5d with a 24-105 L series lens. only filter i have is a uv.

this shot: well anyway me and a few friends of mine introduced me to a spot called Hamilton's gap today. one of my friends is listed on here by the username of draken. anyways as i was scouting the beach area i came across this interesting rock formation. i found this shot interesting as it contrast the difference between stilled water and the mad rushing waves. also the rock formation help give in a great lead in line for the sunset. unfortunately because of no filters my sun is so over exposed and blown out. Thats the only thing i know that will make my picture look better
    anyone got any hints or tips or recommendations?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks

2. k9_subsea

k9_subsea TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    1st Photo: I like this picture alot, when I look at a photography I base my judgment first off the feeling I get and it gave me a good feeling. I love the footprints in the sand very nice composition. Yea the sun is a bit much and does take away but to be honest I tend to like a bright dynamic sun.

2nd: This photo lacks any sort of focus for me. Technically I see that the distant rock formation seems a bit out of focus. Maybe a smaller aperture could have given you more depth of field.

3rd: Again no focus to draw a good theme off of. More detail in the foreground might would have given a bit more to work with. Overall I have a ton of shots like this one because when I am in the situation and I see and event like the unfolding with my own eyes I want to share its beauty with everyone so I try to capture but often I fail.

Keep up the shooting, good job
    Nate

3. ShutterSpeed

ShutterSpeed TPF Noob!

Teresina, Brazil otherwise known as the End of the
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    except for the first one, they seem to be underexposed. the first one is beautiful and could use a hint of saturation, IMO

4. ANDS!

ANDS! No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Awful. You left all the rocks laying along the shore line, the sand looks like it hasn't been touched, and whats with all them white shells all over the place!

5. a1157814a

a1157814a TPF Noob!

hey musiksykeo
    how did you shoot your 1st picture? i really like it and those are types of pictures that i am interested in..
    what settings were you on? (generally)
    i can never get the color variety and its sharpness like you did.

6. jwsciontc

jwsciontc TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    yeeah ina ll but the first one the foreground is wayy underexposed

7. musiksykeo

musiksykeo TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks k9 advice is really helpful. i guess i do need some more work with my camera and composition. i just thought it might have been an intresting post for the second image. i do know that my 3rd image is way under exposed and i think thats cause i didnt meter it properly.. stupid me. also yea the 3rd picture was just kinda to show how beautiful the scenery was but because i didn't check my camera settings before i took the shot. it was a pretty noobie mistake.

what does IMO mean?

ANDS I have no idea what ur trying to say to me... should i have edited the shells out of the picture?...

hey a1 im glad u liked the picture. i like it too andi think its the best shot ive ever taken... well maybe lol. well coming of the info i think the settings were F22, 1/20 exposure with a iso of 100.
    i did do a little bit of post production on it.didnt really know what i was doing but just did a curves layer and edited out spots from having a dirty lens :(

8. robbie_vlad

robbie_vlad TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Love the first one, second one is real nice too, just a bit underexposed. 3 is just way to dark for me, but seems like it would be a nice shot if lighter. IMO means In My Opinion.

9. xtort-

xtort- TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    1st one: love it.
    2nd one: like it.
    3rd one: horizon is too centered. Needs to focus on either the sky, or (preferably) the land

That being said, still very good photos. Good work. Remember the rule of thirds.