First time editing a picture... ever.

DoshKel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So yea I decided to edit one of my friend. Not sure if it makes it better, but whatever :lol:. Added a border, watermark and a tad bit of sharpness. Tell me what you think!

2905353693_3f849412b1.jpg

Original:
2882960932_04ac463979.jpg

True. Maybe since I edited it, I can tell the subtle differences. I didn't want to over edit since i'm sort of against it right now haha. I feel like editing to much takes away from the initial artistic thought put into the photograph. I don't know. Maybe i'm thinking too much about it.

What did you do to the photo itself other than slightly sharpen and super slightly adjusted the exposure?

Oh yea the exposure. Forgot about that haha.

I didn't do anything else besides those and the border. Does it look better?

I personally don't like most borders that people do on their photos. Your's however is very suttle and works extremely well with this particular photo. I like it much better with the border.

I do see a difference between the 2. I don't know about the sharpening, my eyes aren't real keen on seeing the sharpening of digital images. But I definitely see a difference in his face. The edited one is brightened up just a tad and did the photo well for what little was done to it.

Editing in moderation, that's what I like. Per an earlier post of mine from a different thread, I prefer the term developing over editing or processing. Developing in digital to me is just what this photo shows. A slight adjustment to get the exposure better with some sharpening. Shown here is a top notch "edit" to me. Well done.

Thanks so much mrodgers. You just made my night heh. :)

Most reactions

Back