first time ever taking a picture! -of a machinest using borrowed strobes from dan no2

newrmdmike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
jersize-7.jpg

oh i wish so much i could actually put my fiber prints up instead of this shot from the d200 (to fine tune the lights before using the mamiya).

thanks, and sure will,

one strobe over my left shoulder, umbrulla (spelling?) and one bare faced strobe behind him and to the right.

daniel colvin may have been adding some fill with a reflector, i can't remember. they were his strobes though, so thanks dan! - the guy in the photo is also named dan . . . strange.

Fantastic environmental portrait, well done. I'll bet that the print looks amazing.

One tiny thing that bothers me though...whatever is in his mouth, cigar or a pencil, looks like it's connected to the bright spot near the end of it, which I think is just a reflection off of the machine behind him.

yeah mike its a cigar, and thanks!

about the reflection connecting it i hadn't noticed . . . its not like that in the fiber prints, but thats a pretty good thing to watch for.

i feel like he commands us too look at him but in the same moment he might kick us for doing so. i love the surroundings. great job.

thanks jeff and thanks christina.

he's actually a pretty timid and softspoken guy . . . i'm excited to show him the photo.

thanks wild . . . and yeah they are pretty long

yeah its pretty sweet . . . if it weren't for the quality of my gear i could never take a photo like that!!!!!!

jk, but seriously . . .

it would be even better if i had borrowed some pricier strobes!

muahahahahaha!

Most reactions

Back