First time HDR c&c please

joeteds

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone first time poster here.
I gave HDR a go earlier for the first time and was wondering for some tips and pointers of what im doing wrong or right please. Heres my attempt

DSC_0020-2_-3__tonemapped.jpg

To me the face looks a bit dirty but then Ive seen other hdrs that also look dirty in the face so I dont know if thats right or wrong

I gave HDR a go earlier for the first time and was wondering for some tips and pointers of what im doing wrong or right please. Heres my attempt

To me the face looks a bit dirty but then Ive seen other hdrs that also look dirty in the face so I dont know if thats right or wrong

I am honestly surprised you could get someone that young to sit in the same pose while you take three exposures and still have them usable. If the face doesn't look right to you then it is probably not the best processing for the capture.

This image immediately brought to mind the "Artful Dodger"

I am honestly surprised you could get someone that young to sit in the same pose while you take three exposures and still have them usable. If the face doesn't look right to you then it is probably not the best processing for the capture.

Hello oldmacman
I actually just used the 1 raw file and in lightroom made 1 copy 2 stops brighter and another copy 2 stops darker.Theres no way on earth that the little fidgeter would stay still for that long lol.

frankly, if the exposure is fine on it's own, i won't try to make it into something it isn't.

He looks like a very cute little boy, but the processing (imho) takes away from his natural good looks . this is more along the lucis art stuff which for a small child won't be my favorite approach either.

the process is not giving him lovely skin tones.

there is nothing wrong with experimenting , but why not try something that would lend itself to more success and make at least 3 different exposures to cover the dynamic range. You may be happier with the results.

frankly, if the exposure is fine on it's own, i won't try to make it into something it isn't.

He looks like a very cute little boy, but the processing (imho) takes away from his natural good looks . this is more along the lucis art stuff which for a small child won't be my favorite approach either.

there is nothing wrong with experimenting , but why not try something that would lend itself to more success and make at least 3 different exposures to cover the dynamic range. You may be happier with the results.

Hello ann
thanks for the comments. I wasn't really trying to do anything with it apart from experiment and try to get it like the other hdr portraits I've seen.
I just like the strange effect of hdr portraits. Your comments are on board though thank you.

by the way, that little boy is a little girl lol

lol oh goodness, what can i say.

cute child regardless
and if this is your vision just let me fly over your head.

I agree with Ann when she said that the grunge look doesnt go well with small people. Too dirty looking.

I'm starting to think that too bynx , I'm on the lookout for an old dirty miner now lol

that will work ;)

I agree with Ann when she said that the grunge look doesnt go well with small people. Too dirty looking.

I'm starting to think that too bynx , I'm on the lookout for an old dirty miner now lol

You may have been joking when you said that, but if you had photographed a homeless street person, the grunge effect would greatly add to the impact of that person's plight.

I think you should read "TOP 10 HDR MISTAKES IN HDR PROCESSING AND HOW TO FIX THEM"

one of them in to NEVER HDR process a person. IMO people shouldn't really be HDR-ed. Maybe just the eyes would be cool, but other than that the pic has a dark vibe to it.

this one creeps me out, im sure your kid is cute but the processing makes her look like chuckie!

Most reactions

Back